Kantner Hall is located in the North Green, at coordinates H-2 on the campus map. It is marked as # 30 on the map.
Kantner Hall houses the Theater Division of the School of Dance, Film, and Theater. Within the building are faculty and staff offices, the Elizabeth Evans Baker Theater, the Hahne Theater, classrooms, studios, and production shops.
History of Building
With the completion of the four story building in 1951, it housed the School of Interpersonal Communications and the Ohio Patio Theater. It was originally designed for the Speech and Hearing Department. With the move of Interpersonal Communications to Lasher Hall the building was renovated in 1991 and became the home of the School of Theater.
Claude E. Kantner
Kantner Hall was named in honor of Claude E. Kantner, an Associate Dean of the College of Communication, who retired after 25 years of service.