Lausche Heating Plant Substation
Grid Map Square:
The Heating Substation is located West of Chubb, coordinates F-3 on the campus map. It is marked as #35 on the map.
The Heating Plant Substation is used as a distribution point for the campus electrical system, which is fed from the substation on Riverside Drive. In the future the building will be renovated to house the new central chill water plant.
Build in 1908, the Heating Plant Substation housed the campus steam boilers. It also was the central distribution point for steam, domestic hot water, and electricity that was generated in the power house. In 1966, after the Lausche Heating Plant was built, the building became the distribution point for the campus electrical system.
3 Depot St., Athens, OH 45701 (Directions)
The Union Green
Union Green is home of the Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine. Notable buildings on this green include the newly-constructed Heritage Hall.