Grid Map Square:
True House is located in the South Green, coordinates K-6 on the campus map. It is marked as #86 on the map.
True House is a residence hall.
Residence Services provides more detailed information online.
True House was built in 1970 and used as a residence hall for students. It was originally known as South Green building number 11.
True House was named in honor of Josiah True. A native of Milford, NH, he came to Ohio in 1798. He was founder of the "Coon-skin Library" established in Amesville as the Western Library Association. He was elected "overseer of the Poor" and served as a township trustee and justice of the peace. He was one of the founders of the Dover Library Association incorporated by the Ohio Legislature in 1830.
132 South Green Dr., Athens, OH 45701 (Directions)
The South Green
South Green is composed of residence halls and a dining hall. Notable buildings on this green include Nelson Commons, Carr Hall, Sowle Hall and Brown Hall.