Grid Map Square:
Parks Hall is located in the West Green, coordinates D-4 on the campus map. It is marked as # 105 on the map.
Parks Hall houses University Medical Associates, Inc. UMA was established in 2003 as the faculty practice plan for Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine. UMA is dedicated to delivering healthcare to the residents of southeastern Ohio while providing clinical training opportunities for future osteopathic physicians. All UMA physicians are faculty members.
The following physician practices are housed at UMA's Parks Hall location:
- Family Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
- Palliative Care
Parks Hall, built in 1962, was originally used as a residence hall when it first opened. It was originally known as West Green building number 4. Major renovations were made in 1983 and the College of Medicine moved into the building.
George C. Parks
Parks Hall was named in honor of George C. Parks, a 1908 graduate of Ohio University. He served for 40 years as an accounting professor, business manager, treasurer, and secretary of the Board of Trustees.
230 Parks Hall, Athens, OH 45701 (Directions)
The West Green
West Green is the home of many engineering majors and athletes due to the ready access of Stocker Center and Peden Stadium. Notable buildings on this green include Boyd Hall, Grover Center, Convocation Center and Academic & Research Center.