Parents & Families Hub
Parent and Family Programs in the Office of the Dean of Students
Welcome, parents and families! We understand the pivotal role that parents and families play in students’ lives, and we stand ready to be your partner. Whether you are seeking connections to resources or feeling unsure about where to turn, make us your first call. Our inclusive philosophy embraces diverse family structures, be it families of origin, families of choice, or other supportive figures in the lives of Bobcats.
Supporting Your Student
- Offers drop-in services, academic coaching, multimedia or peer tutoring, Homework Hubs, supplemental instruction, writing commons and study strategies
- From tutoring to career guidance, The Center for Advising, Career and Experiential Learning (ACE) provides resources for student success inside and outside of the classroom
- Register and apply for accommodations on campus, ranging from academics to transportation and more
- Apply for financial aid, view the financial aid checklist, use the cost calculator, and learn about scholarships
- Enroll in a payment plan option for students who are unable to pay their tuition and fees by the first due date of a semester
- View student account activity, make payments, enroll in a semester payment plan, manage waivable fees and view 1098-T information
- Make a payment toward tuition as an authorized user
- Bobcat Cash is similar to a prepaid debit card that can be used across campus
- Check out room configurations, move-in and out information, laundry services and how to send your student mail
- Navigate finding off-campus housing. Housing and Residence Life provides tips for signing a lease, budgeting, utilities and more
- Check out what parking options and bus options are available to your student
- Students have access to the Go Bus, which travels regularly to several cities in Ohio
- Students have access to counseling and therapy options offered in virtual and in-person formats
- Your student can get active, connect with a well-being coach, explore essential needs resources and more
- Learn about OHIO's health insurance policy and how to waive the plan to avoid a fee
- On-campus urgent care, primary care and pharmacy services
- Accessibility Services coordinates accommodations and connects students with disabilities to the most relevant campus resources
- OUPD is a full-service police agency serving Ohio University's Athens Campus
- All off-campus occurrences will be managed by APD
- While our first step is to alert students via mass communications, we update campus emergencies and alert statuses on the Alert OHIO page
- The CARE Team in the Dean of Students Office is a team of professionals who will provide a timely response to students experiencing distress
- With more than 500 student organizations, a robust performing arts and concert series, cultural centers, and other opportunities, your student has plenty of options for engagement
- The Center for Community Engagement showcases volunteer and involvement opportunities in communities that surround Ohio University
- Each year, thousands of events happen on Ohio University campuses. Browse the calendar to see what is coming up
- A variety of student employment options exist for Ohio University students
Hotels can book up over a year in advance. So, make sure to plan ahead for the biggest celebration of your student’s time at OHIO!
Details for Spring and Fall Commencement are updated early each semester.
Have Some Extra Resources? Support a Bobcat!
Numerous funds are available to assist Bobcats, ranging from the Student Emergency Fund to our student food pantry, Cats' Cupboard. Our goal is to guarantee that Bobcats have access to the resources they need. The Office of the Dean of Students also utilizes the Parent and Family Endowment as needed to support students.
We sincerely appreciate any support extended.