Grid Map Square:
Johnson Hall is located in the East Green, between coordinates J-4 on the campus map. It is marked as #59 on the map.
Johnson Hall is a residence hall.
Residence Services provides more detailed information online.
Johnson Hall was built in 1952 and originally housed 116 male students.
Arthur C. Johnson
Johnson Hall was named in honor of Arthur C. Johnson. Educated at Buchtel College (now the University of Akron) and Bowling Green State University, he was on the board of Trustees at Ohio University for thirty three years. He was a journalist for fifty years, president of the Ohio State Archaeological and Historical Society, a board member of the Rutherford B. Hayes Foundation, and one of the founders of the Columbus Zoo. He was an inventor and founded Agricultural Lands Inc.
47 East Green Dr., Athens, OH 45701 (Directions)
The East Green
East Green is Ohio University's most convenient green for business, math and computer science majors due to its convenient location near Morton Hall and College Green. Notable buildings on this green include Jefferson Hall, Shively Hall, Gamertsfelder Hall and Perkins Hall.