Grid Map Square:
Tiffin Hall is located in the East Green, coordinates J-5 on the campus map. It is marked as #67 on the map.
Tiffin Hall is a residence hall.
Residence Services provides more detailed information online.
Built in 1954, the three story Georgian style residence hall originally housed 273 freshman students.
Tiffin Hall was named in honor of Edward Tiffin, first governor of Ohio. Born in Carlisle, Cumberland County, England, he came to the United States in 1784 with his family and settled near Charles Town, VA, now in Jefferson County, West Virginia. He studied medicine in England and attended Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, PA. He practiced medicine in Charles Town. He presided over the first board meeting of Trustees of Ohio University. He won two presidential commendations for dealing with the Aaron Burr expedition and saving all of the records of the General Land office when Washington was destroyed by the British in 1814.
60 East Green Dr., Athens, OH 45701 (Directions)
The East Green
East Green is Ohio University's most convenient green for business, math and computer science majors due to its convenient location near Morton Hall and College Green. Notable buildings on this green include Jefferson Hall, Shively Hall, Gamertsfelder Hall and Perkins Hall.