Grid Map Square:
Haning Hall is located West of Chubb Hall, coordinates G-3 on the campus map. It is marked as #32 on the map.
Haning Hall houses the Office of Instructional Innovation and Center for Teaching & Learning, including the following programs: Print-Based Education, Summer Sessions, OHIO Online, and Regional Higher Education.
The three-story building was constructed in 1906 as the Athens Post Office. Ohio University acquired it in 1964, and in 1965 it was remodeled to provide office space. It has since been home to a variety of academic and administrative departments, and was the original site of the university's computer center.
Harley Hildreth Haning
Haning Hall is named in honor of Harley Hildreth Haning. A native of Athens, he received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Ohio University in 1894. He was a prominent local business figure and served as treasurer of the university from 1906 until his retirement.
35 W. Union St., Athens, OH 45701 (Directions)
The College Green
College Green is the center of Ohio University. Notable buildings on this green include Cutler Hall, McGuffey Hall, Wilson Hall, Alden Library and Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium.