Environmental & Plant Biology Greenhouse
Grid Map Square:
The Plant Biology Greenhouses are housed in the Botanical Research Building (#96 on campus map). The 4,576 square-foot greenhouse and 1,250 square-foot headhouse and storage area were erected in 1972, with the adjacent 1-acre garden starting in 1979. The mission of the greenhouse and instructional garden is to provide a plant collection that serves the interest of Environmental & Plant Biology.
Associated with the greenhouse is the Bartley Herbarium, which has over 40,000 preserved specimens of vascular plants and 1,000 bryophytes.
Arrangements for small group tours of the greenhouse can be made by calling the Department of Environmental and Plant Biology, 593-1126.
The Botanical Research Building and Greenhouse was built in 1972.
86 University Terrace, Athens, OH 45701 (Directions)
The South Green
South Green is composed of residence halls and a dining hall. Notable buildings on this green include Nelson Commons, Carr Hall, Sowle Hall and Brown Hall.