Athens is a small but eclectic city located among rolling hills, flowing rivers, a national forest and more. There’s a reason green is our main color; the most beautiful nature in Ohio is right at our doorstep.
About Ohio University
At Ohio University, we are proud to be ranked No. 1 in the state (and among the top 35 in the nation) for value. It’s not only our all-encompassing, fixed rate tuition and fees, it’s also the career outcomes we generate for students by ensuring every student has a set of experiences that prepare them for life after graduation.
- A four-year public institution located in Athens, Ohio (in addition to 5 regional campuses across the state)
- More than 28,000 students across all campuses and online
- First university in the state to offer $0 tuition/fee increase over your 4 years
- A top producer of health professionals: Among the Top 10 largest Schools of Nursing in the country and Ohio’s No. 1 provider of primary care physicians
- A powerhouse in communications and new media: Alumni have won 55 Pulitzer Prizes
Get to Know OHIO
Athens Ranked Best College Town in the State
As the first university in the state to offer level-rate tuition, housing, dining and fees locked in for 12 consecutive semesters, we also include graduation plans that ensure on-time graduation, and offer access to alumni-only scholarships for continuing education—as well as career counseling for life.
Join us for an in-person campus visit tailored to prospective freshman and transfer students. Campus visits include an information session with an admissions advisor and a walking tour featuring residence and dining halls, classroom spaces and more.
Our student life approach is rich with opportunities for you to discover new interests and talents, strengthen your leadership skills, and build a Bobcat network of friends who will support you for life.