Grid Map Square:
Kantner Hall is located in the North Green, coordinates H-2 on the campus map. It is marked as #42 on the map.
Kantner Hall houses the College of Fine Arts’ School of Dance, School of Film and School of Theater. Within the building are faculty and staff offices, the Elizabeth Evans Baker Theater, the Hahne Theater, classrooms, studios, and production shops.
With the completion of the four-story building in 1951, it housed the School of Interpersonal Communications and the Ohio Patio Theater. It was originally designed for the Speech and Hearing Department. With the move of Interpersonal Communications to Lasher Hall the building was renovated in 1991 and became the home of the School of Theater.
Claude E. Kantner
Kantner Hall was named in honor of Claude E. Kantner, an Associate Dean of the College of Communication, who retired after 25 years of service.
19 S. College St., Athens, OH 45701 (Directions)
The North Green
North Green has one residence hall, Voigt Hall. Notable buildings on this green include Hudson Health Center, Glidden Hall, Hudson Health Center and Schoonover Center.