Grid Map Square:
Washington Hall is located in the East Green, coordinates J-4 on the campus map. It is marked as #61 on the map.
Washington Hall is a residence hall.
Residence Services provides more detailed information online.
Washington Hall was built in 1954 and opened in the fall of 1955 as a residence hall for male students. For several years the building housed female students. In the fall of 1997 it will house coed students by floors.
Washington Hall was named in honor of George Washington, the first President of the United States. He was born in Virginia in 1732. He endorsed and presented to the Continental Congress the Newburgh Petition for land for educational institutions. Henry Lee described Washington as: "First in war, first in peace, first in the heart of his countrymen."
49 East Green Dr., Athens, OH 45701 (Directions)
The East Green
East Green is Ohio University's most convenient green for business, math and computer science majors due to its convenient location near Morton Hall and College Green. Notable buildings on this green include Jefferson Hall, Shively Hall, Gamertsfelder Hall and Perkins Hall.