Grid Map Square:
McGuffey Hall houses University Advancement (Alumni Relations and Development), which consists of Annual Giving Programs, Planned Giving, Special Events and Publications, Corporate/Foundation Relations, Development Research, and the Assistant Director for Stewardship and Trustess Academy.
McGuffey Hall was built in 1839 and housed students in the early 1900's, then student organizations, and finally administrative offices.
The Ohio University Trustees' meeting room and office were also in the building until they moved to Walter Hall in 2004.
William Holmes McGuffey
McGuffey Hall was named in honor of William Holmes McGuffey, the fourth president of Ohio University, serving from 1839 until 1843. He was educated at Old Stone Academy, Darlington, Pa,, and Washington College, (now Washington and Jefferson) from which he graduated with honors. He had honorary degrees of Doctor of Divinity and Laws. He was a minister, professor, and administrator. He is best known as the author of McGuffey's Eclectic Readers.
39 University Terrace, Athens, OH 45701 (Directions)
The College Green
College Green is the center of Ohio University. Notable buildings on this green include Cutler Hall, McGuffey Hall, Wilson Hall, Alden Library and Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium.