Grid Map Square:
Pilcher House is located in the North Green, coordinates H-3 on the campus map. It is marked as #45 on the map.
Pilcher House is currently offline, awaiting renovation.
Built in the eighteen hundreds, it was used as a home, and has been leased to local businessmen for insurance and attorney offices.
In the 1970's the building housed the Ohio University Post newspaper and the Athenian OU yearbook offices. Later the yearbook's name was changed to the Spectrum Green, and it is now known as the Athena Yearbook.
In August, 1997, the Office of University Judiciaries that was previously located in Pilcher House relocated to the Beckley Building, 50 S. Court St.; in July, 2011, the offices of Curriculum Council and Faculty Senate moved to Alden Libraries; and in October, 2011, Legal Affairs' offices moved from Pilcher to Lindley (they have since moved to the West Union Street Office Center).
Thomas Murray Drake Pilcher
Pilcher House was named in honor of Thomas Murray Drake Pilcher. He was born in the Athens vicinity in 1832. He became a cabinet-maker apprentice at the age of 16. He was a Second Lieutenant and later Captain. He assisted in recruiting Company H, Seventy-Fifth Ohio Volunteer Infantry. He was associated with Mr. Herrold in a planing mill. After an extensive fire he built and ran his own factory.
10 E. Union St., Athens, OH 45701 (Directions)
The North Green
North Green has one residence hall, Voigt Hall. Notable buildings on this green include Hudson Health Center, Glidden Hall, Hudson Health Center and Schoonover Center.