Grid Map Square:
Pickering Hall is located in the South Green, coordinates K-5 on the campus map. It is marked as #71 on the map.
Pickering Hall is a residence hall.
Residence Services provides more detailed information online.
Built in 1965, and opened in the fall of1966,the residence hall originally housed 271 students.
Pickering Hall was named in honor of Colonel Thomas Pickering, a Revolutionary War soldier. He was one of the founders of the Newburgh Plan to the Continental Congress in 1783. Many of the ideas in the Plan were later incorporated in the Northwest Ordinance of 1787, including the provision for schools and education in the Ohio Territory.
28 N. McKinley Ave., Athens, OH 45701 (Directions)
The South Green
South Green is composed of residence halls and a dining hall. Notable buildings on this green include Nelson Commons, Carr Hall, Sowle Hall and Brown Hall.