The Heating Substation is located West of Chubb, at coordinates F-3 on the campus map. It is marked as # 23 on the map.
The Heating Plant Substation is used as a distribution point for the campus electrical system, which is fed from the substation on Riverside Drive. In the future the building will be renovated to house the new central chill water plant.
History of Heating Plant Substation
Build in 1908, the Heating Plant Substation housed the campus steam boilers. It also was the central distribution point for steam, domestic hot water, and electricity that was generated in the power house. In 1966, after the Lausche Heating Plant was built, the building became the distribution point for the campus electrical system.