Haning Hall is located West of Chubb, between coordinates F-3 and G-3 on the campus map. It is marked as # 20 on the map.
Haning Hall houses Lifelong and Distance Learning, including the following programs: Independent and Distance Learning, Summer Sessions, Ohio University Online, and University Outreach.
History of Building
The three-story building was constructed in 1906 as the Athens Post Office. Ohio University acquired it in 1964, and in 1965 it was remodeled to provide office space. It has since been home to a variety of academic and administrative departments, and was the original site of the university's computer center.
Harley Hildreth Haning
Haning Hall is named in honor of Harley Hildreth Haning. A native of Athens, he received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Ohio University in 1894. He was a prominent local business figure and served as treasurer of the university from 1906 until his retirement.