Copeland Hall is located in the College Green, at coordinates G-3 on the campus map. It is marked as # 12 on the map.
Copeland Hall houses the College of Business, including Accountancy, Finance, Management Information Systems, Management Systems, Marketing, M.B.A. Programs, and Sports Administration.
History of Building
Built in 1956 and dedicated in April of 1957, the five story building housed the College of Business and School of Economics. The building was vacated in 1993, and major renovations were completed. On March 18, 1995, it was reopened, and is now occupied by the College of Business.
Charles Moffet Copeland
Copeland Hall was named in honor of Charles Moffet Copeland. He was educated at Hagerstown College and Scioto College, both in Ohio. He received the degree of Bachelor of Pedagogy in 1896. He came to Ohio University on a scholarship and became a part-time instructor the first day he arrived on campus. Later he was principle of the Commercial Department. When it was reorganized as the School of Commerce, he was named Director.