Ohio University

Search within:
Group of art students
Live and Create in the Same Space

A place where students in art, dance, music or theater live in an arts-friendly residence hall with spaces dedicated to each discipline.

Residential Learning Community

Resources, community, and space to create and transform.

If you’re a student in art, dance, music or theater, Lincoln Hall is an arts-friendly residence hall with spaces dedicated to each discipline. You’ll be surrounded by fellow students from similar classes who also understand the creative process. The hall provides an art studio with two drafting tables, a computer lounge with art- and music-friendly software and equipment, and a large seminar room fully equipped for dancers, performers, and theater students. 


Residential Learning Community Banner

Studio Space 

Create whenever inspiration strikes. The fourth floor lounge in Lincoln Hall is an art studio and is well ventilated for mixed use, as well as supplied with easels, drafting tables, storage, light stands, and natural lighting.

Computer Lounge

The lounge’s music computer houses licensed software compatible for theory and a myriad of composition needs, as well as an electronic keyboard available for practice or rehearsal.

The art computer contains licensed software to support a number of needs for your courses, as well as a scanner.

Multipurpose Rehearsal Space

Dancers and theater students will find that the main floor is equipped with special flooring, mirrors, mats, theater “props,” and a portable dance bar for all rehearsal needs.

An upright piano is also located in the main lobby for your use. Note that it is not located in a soundproof area, so scheduling should be coordinated with others using the rehearsal space.

Residential Experience Requirements 

Only College of Fine Arts students who are enrolled in at least one hour of a fine arts course are eligible to apply to live in the residential learning community. There are no additional costs for living in the Fine Arts RLC beyond your regular tuition and fees.

Submit housing contract