JET Internal Billing
Internal billings are necessary when a University department has provided goods or services and now wishes to "bill" for those goods or services. Ohio University, Ohio University Foundation, Subsidiary, Rebill accounts and/or Student Organizations cost centers may be charged.
The object codes to be used on the Internal Billing will always be paired Internal Charge Object codes using 78XXXX as the debit object code and 48XXXX as the credit object code. Please see the Internal Charge Quick Reference Guide for more information.
Internal Billings must be uploaded via JET no later than the month after the service/good is provided (this is referred to as the 30-day rule); Internal Billings uploaded after the due date will be reversed.
Example A: For service provided on either 3/1 or 3/31, the Internal Billing must be uploaded via JET no later than 4/30.
Example B: For goods provided on either 9/1 or 9/30, the Internal Billing must be uploaded via JET no later than 10/31.
The Journal Header Long Description of the Internal Billing must include:
- A full description of service;
- Period of service as a whole;
- Contact information.
The Line Description of the Internal Billing must include:
- Detail that supports the billing transaction-including Who, What, When, Where & Why - including specific date of goods/service;
- Provide enough detail to determine Business Purpose & Allowability on account;
- If the internal billings is uploaded after the due date mentioned above, you must document unusual circumstances for exception to the 30-day rule.
Please see the JET User Guide Appendix B for more information and examples.
Please note that Grant accounts may have stricter deadlines.
Internal Billings during May and June may have shortened submission deadlines, please refer to the Finance Operating Calendar for dates.