Global Card Access (GCA)
Global Card Access (GCA) is Bank of America's system which allows cardholders to activate and manage their payment card. This system allows cardholders to view their assigned PIN, create a new PIN, establish any account alerts and notification for card declines, and respond to expected fraudulent charges. GCA also has a smartphone app that allows you to view recent transactions, along with your credit limit and available balance.
Bank of America, through GCA, will automatically send any suspicious activity alerts to the users mobile device if a mobile number is set up in their account. It is strongly suggested that users add a mobile number to their account using the steps below:
- Log in to GCA
- On the right side navigation, select Manage Alerts
- Select Edit next to Send alerts to
- In the pop-up select manage your contact information
- Select link titled Add mobile phone
User can also manage other alerts for their card by changing the settings on the Alerts table for both transaction and account activity.
Managing Card PIN
All cards must have a PIN set up as many merchants require a PIN to make a transaction. When a card is activated through GCA a PIN is auto generated. The user can view their auto generated PIN following the steps below:
- At the top of the GCA window, select PIN Check
- Enter your 3 digit security code located on the back of your card
- Select Show my PIN - this will show your auto generated PIN one digit at a time
If you would like to customize your PIN:
- Select Change your PIN on the right side navigation
- Enter the 3 digit security code located on the back of your card, the auto generated PIN as given above, and your new 4 digit PIN
- Select Save to finalize your new PIN
PLEASE NOTE: Some merchants may require double entry of your PIN; once for the transaction and again for the tax exemption status.