Search within:

Ground Transportation

OHIO Travel Policy: University Policy No. 41.121 - Reimbursement for Official Travel and Entertainment

OHIO has contracted with Christopherson Business Travel (CBT)(opens in a new window) for all of our travel needs. CBT's services can be accessed through Concur(opens in a new window), via phone at 866.266.8806 or email at

Rental cars

The University has contracts through the state with Hertz and with Enterprise/National Rental Cars.

Hertz rentals can be booked through Christopherson Business Travel (CBT). Discounted rates have been entered into Concur and will be billed to our Central Travel Account card (CTA).

Enterprise/National can be booked outside of the Travel Management Company (Christopherson Business Travel) using the Enterprise and National portal. As long as you are booking through CBT, you are meeting the “preferred provider” requirement to be in compliance with the A&E Mandate.

If booking Enterprise or National car rentals through CBT, the car will be paid for via the CTA card. All other car rentals, except Hertz, through CBT will require a personal card or a PCard/travel card upon car pickup.  If booking a car rental through Enterprise or National directly, by phone or in person, you must reference Ohio University's business account number which is provided on the Employee Discount page for the booking to be billed to the CTA card. 

If you are renting from Hertz (only through CBT), Enterprise or National, our contract provides additional insurance coverage for business use only. If you are booking with another rental car agency, you will need to purchase additional insurance. No additional insurance is provided for personal car rentals.

Please refer to Risk Management website to ensure proper insurance coverage is provided.

Personal Vehicle use

Use of a personal vehicle is reimbursed on a mileage basis at the federal mileage rate in effect at the time of travel. You may not purchase gas for a personal vehicle on a PCard. Mileage reimbursements rates are determined at least annually and announced by the IRS. These rates are loaded into Concur. The mileage rates for current and prior years is available at

Booking non-traditional transportation

Uber, Lyft and traditional taxi services have been pre-approved by Risk Management for transportation needs. You must be very careful when paying for Uber and Lyft with a University travel or PCard because these companies store card information.