Oracle e-Business Suite
What is e-Business Suite?
Oracle E-Business Suite is a set of business applications that enable Ohio University to make better decisions, reduce costs, and increase performance. Ohio utilizes the following tools from the suite:
- Human Resources Management System (HRMS)
- Financial Management System (FMS)
Please ensure you are using one of the following browsers when accessing e-Business Suite:
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR)
Oracle e-Business Suite also requires the latest version of Java. You can download the latest version of Java through the Software Center app located in the start menu of all Ohio University computers.
You will need to use multi-factor authentication to access e-Business Suite.
Help for e-Business Suite
Reference Guides - Some of this documentation has not yet been updated for the new Chart of Accounts
- Equipment Inventory (EI) Transaction History [PDF]
- Expenditure Inquiry (All/Project) [PDF]
- GL Account Analysis and Drilldown [PDF]
- GL Account Inquiry [PDF]
- GL Journal Entry Inquiry [PDF]
- Oracle Grants Accounting Module - Internal Award How To Guide
- Oracle Grants Accounting Module - Internal Award Setup Presentation [PDF]
- Oracle Navigation [PDF]
- Payables Invoice Inquiry [PDF]
- Project Status Inquiry [PDF]
- Purchasing PO Inquiry [PDF]
- Remote Access - Multi-Factor Authentication [PDF]
- Remote Access - VPN [PDF]
Use the tables below for training videos and their associated handouts. Navigate the training movies using the image below as a guide.
Please note that these videos are Flash files. It is recommended that you use Internet Explorer to view these videos. If you cannot use Internet Explorer, the file will download to your computer where you will need a video player capable of playing these file types.
Accounts Payable Tasks
This view is useful when researching the details of an invoice and can be used to search for:
- Invoices scheduled for payment
- Invoices that have been paid
- The account numbers that were used to pay an invoice
- Invoices paid to a specific supplier
- Invoices paid against a Purchase Order
- Payment made for a Travel Expense Report
- Payment made to cover PCARD purchases
Invoices include: Direct Payment Forms, Travel Expense Reports, and Invoices paid on Purchase Orders.
|Direct Payment Invoice Inquiry|
|PCard Invoice Inquiry|
|Travel Expense Invoice Inquiry|
- This view can be used to search for and view, in summary form, a specific purchase order and can also be used to find:
- Approval date of the purchase order
- Information that the supplier received on their purchase order
- Account distribution associated with each line item
- Notes to receiving areas on campus that give specific direction for delivery of goods
- Whether there have been any invoice payments, by line item and purchase order total
- Invoices received for the purchase order and amounts paid on each invoice
|Reference Video||Practice Video||Handouts|
Requesting Access to e-Business Suite
All University employees will be able to access e-Business Suite using their OHIO ID and password. Some views may be unavailable based on the user's position within the University. If you believe a view is missing that should be available, talk to your planning unit's Financial Manager.