Budget Planning Council
Co-chaired by the Executive Vice President and Provost (EVPP) and the Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA), the Budget Planning Council is an advisory body that is a key component of the established governance mechanisms of Ohio University. The University's budget process is guided by the priorities established by the President's Strategic Pathways. The Budget Planning Council is charged with serving an advisory role to the President regarding current and multi-year budget issues and long-term financial policies. The co-chairs communicate the Budget Planning Council's advisory recommendations to the president.
The duties and responsibilities of the Budget Planning Council include the following:
- Serve as representatives of the entire University community while communicating to and provide feedback from their respective constituent groups.
- Providing input to the President about the general assumptions and principles leading to the construction of the University budget.
- Provide input on institutional budget policy and financial planning issues that impact the long-term health of the institution
- Executive Vice President and Provost (EVPP) – co-chair
- Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA) co-chair
- Two Deans (staggered two-year terms)
- Two Department Chairs / School Directors (staggered two-year terms)
- Two at-large Faculty (staggered two-year terms)
- Faculty Senate Chair or Representative (while in position)
- Faculty Senate Vice Chair (while in position)
- Faculty Senate Finance and Facilities Chair (while in position)
- Administrative Senate Chair or Representative (two-year term)
- President’s Council Representative (two-year term)
- Undergraduate Student Senate President or Representative (one-year term)
- Graduate Student Senate President or Representative (one-year term)
- Both Student Trustees
|Elizabeth Sayrs||Executive Vice President and Provost (co-chair)||Ongoing|
|Deb Shaffer||Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration (co-chair)||Ongoing|
|Matthew Shaftel||Dean Appointed by EVPP||2-year term; ends FY21|
|Mei Wei||Dean Appointed by EVPP||2-year term; ends FY22|
|Dale Masel||Department Chair/School Director Appointed by EVPP||2-year term; ends FY21|
|Michele Morrone||Department Chair/School Director Appointed by EVPP||2-year term; ends FY22|
|Ann Frymier||Faculty-at-Large||2-year term|
|Christine Camper Moore||Faculty-at-Large||2-year term|
|Robin Muhammad||Faculty Senate Chair or Representative||While holding Senate Office|
|Ben Bates||Faculty Senate Vice Chair||While holding Senate Office|
|Doug Clowe||Faculty Senate Finance and Facilities Committee Chair||While holding Senate Office|
|Tim Epley||Administrative Senate Representative||2-year term|
|Jenny Hall-Jones||President's Council Representative||2-year term|
|Becky Ivan||Student Senate Senate President or Representative||1-year term|
|Kaelyn Ferris||Graduate Student Senate President or Representative||1-year term|
|Ellen Gill Franks||Student Trustee||While holding position|
|Justin Kelly||Student Trustee||While holding position|
In addition, a representative from the President's Office and staff members from administrative units attend as non-voting members.
An archive of FY21 meeting materials will be available below as meetings progress. For meeting materials prior to FY21, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please other direct questions and comments to email@example.com.