Co-chaired by the Executive Vice President and Provost (EVPP) and the Vice President for Finance and Administration (VPFA), the Budget Planning Council is an advisory body that is a key component of the established governance mechanisms of Ohio University. The University's budget process is guided by the priorities established in the 4x4 strategic plan. The Budget Planning Council is charged with serving an advisory role to the President regarding current and multi-year budget issues, long-term financial policies and funding priorities. The Council members serve as representatives of the entire University community as they conduct Council business. They also communicate to and provide feedback from their respective constituent groups on institutional budget policy and financial planning issues that impact the long-term health of the institution. The co-chairs communicate the Budget Planning Council's advisory recommendations to the president.
The duties and responsibilities of the Budget Planning Council include the following:
- Ensuring overall financial policies and budgetary guidelines are consistent with and promote institutional priorities.
- Recommending to the President the general assumptions and principles leading to the construction of the University budget.
- Reviewing and recommending approval of tuition, fee, and internal rate requests.
- Monitoring and reviewing the University budget model.
- Conducting and utilizing scans of internal and external financial trends as part of the budget process.
- Receiving and reviewing the General Fee Committee's recommendation(s) to the President.
|David Descutner||Executive Vice President and Provost (co-chair)||Ongoing|
|Deb Shaffer||Vice President for Finance and Administration (co-chair)||Ongoing|
|Joe McLaughlin||Faculty Senate Chair||While holding Senate Office|
|David Thomas||Faculty Senate Co-chair||While holding Senate Office|
|Susan Williams||Faculty Senate Finance and Facilities Chair||While holding Senate Office|
|Renee Middleton||Dean's Council||2015-2018|
|Matthew Schaftel||Dean's Council||2016-2019|
|Randy Leite||Dean's Council||2017-2020|
|Landan Lama||Student Senate President||While holding Senate Office|
|Maria Modayil||Graduate Student Senate President||While holding Senate Office|
|Brooke Mauro||Student Trustee||2018-2019|
|Jason Pina||Vice President Council||2016-2018|
|Heather Gould||Classified Senate Representative||2016-2018|
|Jessica Wingett||Administrative Senate Representative||2016-2018|
In addition, a representative from the President's Office and staff members from administrative units attend as non-voting members.
An archive of past meeting agendas, handouts, and minutes is available below. Please direct questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first BPC Meeting will for FY18 will be held on August 24, 2017.