Search within:

External Billings

External billings are necessary when a University department has provided goods or services to an external party and now needs to bill for those goods or services. Ohio University departments are not permitted to send out their own invoices.  An External Billing Authorization form (Excel) needs completed and submitted to the Office of the Bursar.  An invoice will be produced and sent to the external party for payment.  The Office of the Bursar also handles the collection activity and follows up on past-due accounts.  If an account becomes greater than 120 days past due, the account will be sent to the State of Ohio Attorney General for collection.

External customers can make payment by electronic check at

Payment by check, cashier’s check, or money order can be submitted:

By mail:

Office of the Bursar
P.O. Box 960
Athens, OH 45701

In person:

Payments can be placed in the drop box located inside the south entrance doors on the ground floor of Chubb Hall (Court Street side of the building). Please seal the payment (checks only; no cash) in an envelope with appropriate identifying information (e.g. copy of invoice, invoice stub, or customer number and invoice number from invoice).