The annual Benefits Open Enrollment period is scheduled to begin the afternoon of April 22, 2020. The enrollment period is scheduled to close on Friday, May 8, 2020. Open Enrollment is the annual time period during which employees can change their benefits coverage and which dependents are covered.
If you do not want to make any changes to your health, dental, vision, life, or disability insurance plans you do not need to take any action. However, if you want to participate in a Flexible Spending Account you must log in and make that election each year.
Beginning the afternoon of April 22nd individual emails will be sent in groups throughout the afternoon to all benefits eligible faculty and staff announcing the official start of the open enrollment period.
Open Enrollment will be conducted through the My Personal Information (MPI) – Self Service Benefits web site. See below for instructions to log in to the system and other helpful tips, including the Open Enrollment online meeting schedule.
If you have any questions or would like additional information please email the Benefits Office at email@example.com.
2020-21 Benefits Information
For more information, including the PPO coverage chart and plan details, premiums, information on enrolling, changes for 2020-21, etc. visit: https://www.ohio.edu/hr/benefits/open-enrollment.
Benefits open enrollment will be available online via My Personal Information (MPI) - Self Service Benefits:
- Login* to https://myhr.ohio.edu
- Choose My Personal Information
- Choose Self Service Benefits
*You must be enrolled in multi-factor authentication to access My Personal Information. Visit https://www.ohio.edu/oit/services/accounts/multi-factor to learn more.
Web Browser Requirements
Any browser will work if you don't need to add or change dependents or beneficiaries (spouse, child, etc.).
Internet Explorer required for beneficiary updates
To add or modify a beneficiary (spouse, child, etc.), you must use Internet Explorer on Windows.
If you have a Mac and need to add or update a beneficiary, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Keep in mind that the icons for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer are very similar. Make sure you are using the correct one:
Accessing the system will allow you to:
- Review current coverages and make necessary changes
- Enroll or waive the following:
- the PPO medical plan which includes prescription drug coverage
- one of two vision plans
- the dental plan or dental with orthodontia plan
- flexible spending accounts
- Healthcare account for eligible healthcare expenses for you and/or eligible dependents
- Dependent Child Care account, for eligible child care expenses for eligible dependents (can also be used for adult-day care expenses for eligible dependents)
- supplemental and/or dependent life insurance
- the short term disability plan
- Link to opt out of parking (Athens Campus only)
If you have already opted out of parking you do not need to opt out again.
Online Benefits Open Enrollment Meetings
During open enrollment, general overview presentations with question and answer sessions will be held utilizing Microsoft Teams.
- Thursday, April 23, 2020, 1pm, Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Monday, April 27, 2020, 11am, Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Wednesday, April 29, 2020, 1:30pm, Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
- Tuesday, May 5, 2020, 4pm, Join Microsoft Teams Meeting
As a reminder, Open Enrollment is the annual opportunity OHIO employees have to make changes to their benefits coverage plan options including: increasing/decreasing coverage; adding/dropping covered dependents; enrolling in flexible spending accounts and to opt out of parking (Athens campus only). In compliance with Federal regulations, other than during the annual Open Enrollment period, employees can only change their benefits if a qualifying event occurs. Review the when can I change web page for details regarding qualifying events.
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact the Benefits Office at email@example.com or call 740-593-1649.