Azure Multi-Factor Authentication
Ohio University will be migrating to Azure MFA over the next year. Looking for information on Duo Mobile? Visit Duo Multi-Factor Authentication.
Multi-factor authentication protects you against lost or stolen passwords by adding a verification step to your OHIO login.
- Verify with a mobile app, passcode, or automated phone call.
- "Remember me for 30 days" option for frequently used browsers and devices.
- Manage your devices from any multi-factor-enabled OHIO login.
- Option to enable multi-factor for all services that use the standard OHIO login page.
- Much harder for a cyber attacker to access your account because a login requires both a correct password and access to your device for authentication.
- Faculty, Staff, Emeriti, Students, and Alumni.
- Depending on your role at the university and the systems or data you have access to, you may be required to use multi-factor authentication when signing into certain services.
How to Access
Before you can start using multi-factor authentication, you will need to enroll. After you have enrolled, services that are protected with multi-factor authentication will prompt you automatically to verify your login.