Opportunities for Spouses/Partners
Welcome to the Dual Career Network (DCN). Our program is designed to help partners of new employees in networking and locating employment opportunities in the Athens area.
By coordinating with several offices on campus, the DCN is committed to providing the support needed to prospective and new faculty, staff, and their families upon arrival at Ohio University.
While we are dedicated to providing assistance and building a platform for an effective job search using the services and tools available at Ohio University, we cannot guarantee employment. We look forward to helping you with your job search!
Who is eligible to participate?
Dual Career membership perks are available to spouses or benefits-eligible partners of an Ohio University faculty or staff member interested in career opportunities in the surrounding communities as well as Ohio University. The services offered through the Dual Career Network are free, confidential, and may continue for up to two years.
For more information on eligibility, contact Nick Wortman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of the Dual Career Network services available through the University are:
- Consultations. To assess what position is being sought, the spouse/partner will complete an initial consultation. This consultation will provide the Dual Career Network with the information to seek out positions that align with the client’s interest and experience, identify traits and capabilities of an individual well-suited for a particular career, and develop a job search plan. Following this consultation, the DCN will provide further assistance in exploring employment options both within the University and in the Athens community.
- Resume/Vitae Review. DCN offers review of curriculum vitae, resumes, and cover letters in order provide recommendations for strengthening your materials.
- Ohio University Hiring Support. Upon applying for an Ohio University position, spouses/partners will notify a DCN employee and they will send a letter of support to the hiring department and forward any pertinent information including resume and curriculum vitae to the academic administrative units.
- Bobcat Community Card. As part of our Bobcat Family, spouses/partners will receive a Bobcat Community Card to facilitate in the exploration of employment options. With this card, clients have access to the many resources offered by Ohio University such as Alden Library, Ohio University wifi network, the Career & Leadership Development Center, Bobcat CareerLink, and much more.
- Handshake Account. As a member of Dual Career Network, clients will enjoy access to Handshake — a premiere jobs network that connects users with employers for career opportunities, special events, and employer visits to campus.
- Career and Leadership Development Center. This service provides personalized attention through career coaching, resume building/review, leadership development, and mock interviews.
- Impact Solutions Employee Assistance and Work/Life Program.Confidential 24/7 live professional assistance. Professional face-to-face counseling. Unlimited telephone guidance, counseling, coaching, and crisis intervention. Provider referral assistance with issues such as: childcare, eldercare, parenting, financial and legal issues, and more
- Educational Benefits Program. Ohio University provides 100% instructional fee waivers for educational opportunities at the undergraduate and graduate level to faculty, administrative, classified staff, and their spouse/partner and children.
How to get Started
- Complete the Dual Career Network Intake Form.
- Be prepared to upload your resume or CV when you complete the form.
- You will be contacted by an HR Liaison to learn more about the program and to get started.