Deadline for application is February 7 for entry into the program in the following Fall Semester.
Because certain core courses must be taken in sequence, admission to all graduate programs in the Film Division is restricted to Fall enrollment.
To apply, you must have achieved a minimum Grade Point Average of 3.0 as an undergraduate. You must have a bachelor's degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution. Your undergraduate degree may be in any discipline.
Proficiency in reading, writing, speaking, and understanding English is essential to your success at Ohio University. Non-native speakers of English must submit official results of one of two standardized tests: the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), as part of the application packet.
Please note that we do NOT require a GRE score.
For all students, the following documents are required:
1. Formal application with fee. You must apply on-line: http://www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply/index.cfm
2. Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work must be sent directly to Graduate College from your degree granting institution. Have transcripts sent to:
1 Ohio University
220 Research & Technology Center
Athens, OH 45701 USA
3. Three letters of recommendation. You should opt to have these submitted online. Once your application is submitted and payment has cleared, the system will contact the persons you have listed and give them instructions for uploading their letters.
4. A sample of your written work consisting of a paper or papers on any subject such as a research paper, article, critical analysis, or screenplay. (Do not mail if you uploaded it to your online application.)
5. Personal Statement - 500 words maximum. (Do not mail if you uploaded it to your online application.)
6. Résumé or vita. (Do not mail if you uploaded it to your online application.)
MFA applicants must also include:
7. Creative Portfolio - examples of creative work (film, video, screenplay, or work from another medium). If you are submitting a film or video, the complete version with credits is preferred.
8. Statement of Goals for graduate study - 500 word maximum. If you are unable to upload this online, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
9. A 2-3 minute screenplay that takes place in exterior locations only and has no dialogue. If you are unable to upload this online, email to email@example.com.
NOTE: In the Other Supplemental Materials tab on the online application, you will only be allowed to upload a single document. Applicants should try to combine multiple submissions (e.g., written sample, statement of goals, 2-3 minute screenplay) into a single document and then upload. Otherwise, documents that cannot be uploaded can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For International students only:
If you have questions or need more information, feel free to contact Paula Morrison at: (740)593-1323 or email@example.com.