Broad Diversity Resources at the University
Support for Students, Staff, and Faculty
- Ohio University Diversity & Inclusion office resources
- LGBT Center at OHIO
- Multicultural Center at OHIO
- Women’s Center at OHIO
- Office of Multicultural Success and Retention (OMSAR) at OHIO
- For information on procedures related to addressing concerns of many types, please refer to the handbook relevant to your role at the university.
- The Office of Community Standards and Student Responsibility (CSSR) aims to advance the educational mission of Ohio University and the Division of Student Affairs by providing meaningful opportunities for students to learn what it means to be a member of the Ohio University community and the Bobcat Family. CSSR oversees and maintains the Student Conduct Process by upholding the Student Code of Conduct including having an option for reporting a misconduct of a student.
- Students, staff, and faculty can contact the Ohio University Ombudsperson who is a resource that can help in situations of “conflict, dispute, or feeling of unfair treatment” or “when a person/persons/unit wants to develop or improve their interpersonal and/or organizational environment”
- You can also Share feedback with Diversity and Inclusion office. Please note that this option is more for information gathering purposes and it will likely be difficult to determine what, if anything, happened as a result of your use of this tool.
- Counseling and Psychological Services at Ohio University
- Check the website for walk-in hours at Hudson Health Center on North Green.
- Call 740-593-1616 for the 24 hour line.
- Check weekend hours at the Counselor in Residence program in Housing and Residence Life.
- Survivor Advocacy Program at Ohio University
- Provides confidential support and advocacy for students who are survivors of sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating/domestic violence, and stalking.
- See Ohio University Equity and Civil Rights Compliance office list of resources for additional community and campus resources related to harassment, bias, and sexual misconduct as well as a description of which resources are confidential.
- Support Spaces at Ohio University Counseling and Psychological Services are drop-in groups (both virtual and in-person depending on the group) that people can join without being a client at Counseling and Psychological Services. Spaces include:
- The Grad Pad (graduate students)
- We Are the First (first generation college students)
- GLOW (2S-LGBTQIA+)
- Worthy Women (women of all backgrounds)
- Therapy Dog Thursdays (third Thursday of every month therapy dogs at various places on campus)
- RISE – for students recovering from substance misuse or other addictive disorders. Includes individual, group, and support lounge options
- THRIVE - THRIVE is OHIO’s student-focused well-being initiative that includes a lot of resources for additional needs like housing, food support, and many others.
- Ohio University Employee affinity organizations exist for a variety of groups (open to staff, faculty, and in some cases graduate students) that are historically marginalized with goal of providing support, belonging, and a sense of community.