Psychology Internship Opportunities
Department Internship Coordinator: Dr. Susan Tice-Alicke
Summer 2022 Opportunities
These opportunities pertain to various fields relating to psychology such as cognitive psychology, human resources, social psychology and many more! These and other opportunities are posted on the bulletin board outside of Porter 100 and will be updated throughout spring semester.
IMPACT-Penn State University
- June 6-July 29, 2022
- Description: IMPACT is an immersive summer experience to enhance your research skills on topics related to cardiovascular, pulmonary, hematologic and/or sleep disordered conditions. Through IMPACT, students will work with PSU faculty mentors on a research project, learn about research-related careers in health, and develop application materials for pursuing graduate school. Travel expenses, meal plans and stipends are offered. Restrictions due to COVID-19 may affect the program. Students from underrepresented and disadvantaged backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Students must be U.S. citizens, non-citizen nationals, or legal permanent residents who have completed at least two years of college by June of the program year.
- Deadline: Feb. 18, 2022
- To Apply: pennstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eD65V8dRubvHu0B
Camp Ramapo: Camp Counselor
- Mid-June to Mid-August
- Description: Ramapo’s mission is to serve children with a wide range of emotional, behavioral and learning disabilities in a dynamic and stimulating outdoor environment, providing educational and recreational experiences that promote social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth. Are you a hardworking, mature individual with a sincere interest in helping children with special needs? If so, they are looking for conscientious individuals to work as camp counselors and health center staff this summer. Course credit is also available.
- To apply: http://www.ramapoforchildren.org/about-ramapo/employment/summer-staff
Indiana University: Center for Integrative Study of Animal Behavior (REU)
- Deadline to apply: Feb. 15
- Description: At the Center for Integrative Study of Animal Behavior, students will participate in research guided by a faculty mentor conducting state-of-the-art research in animal behavior. Students will be expected to conduct a study of their own during the eight-week program and be trained in field and laboratory techniques. This internship provides opportunity to learn about careers in the sciences.
- To apply: https://animalbehavior.indiana.edu/research/reu/index.html
Abercrombie & Fitch: Leadership Development Internship Program
- Description: The internships provide a select group of junior college students the opportunity to experience working at Abercrombie & Fitch for 10 weeks over the summer before they enter their senior year. The programs are structured to allow interns to take on a great deal of responsibility quickly and gain immediate exposure to senior leadership. Internships in the Leadership Development Program are offered in merchandising, inventory management, and finance.
- To apply: http://www.anfcareers.com/Page/Leadership_Development_Internships
University of Wisconsin-Madison: Psychology Research Experience Program (PREP)
- June 1-Aug. 7, 2022
- Deadline to apply: Feb. 15, 2022
- Description: The psychology research experience program is designed for students interested in a career in scientific psychology. Students will engage in mentored laboratory research (approximately 30 hours per week) and a curriculum of scientific instruction, professional development and networking opportunities.
- To apply: https://srop-uwmadison.fluidreview.com
Yale Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF)
- Eight weeks in June and July 2022
- Deadline to apply: Feb. 1, 2022
- Description: Are you a current undergraduate student considering pursuing a Ph.D.? Each summer the Yale SURF Program brings about 15 qualified undergraduates to Yale for eight weeks to explore what a Ph.D. could offer them. SURF program participants will:
- Learn about the kind of work they can expect to do in graduate school.
- Gain insight into building a career based on Ph.D.-level training.
- Become more confident in their academic abilities and potential.
- To apply: https://gsas.yale.edu/diversity/prospective-students/summer-undergraduate-research-fellowship-surf
Ohio University REU-Clinical
- June 12-July 29, 2022
- Deadline to Apply: Feb. 25, 2022
- Description: The goal of this REU program is to provide undergraduate students with an in-depth, hands-on experience focused on gaining clinical research skills for children with social, emotional, and behavioral problems (SEB). Students are trained in the application of the scientific method to develop hypotheses, and trained on how to design and conduct research studies on treatment-related issues for children with SEB.
- To Apply: https://redcap.ohio.edu/redcap/surveys/?s=3RRE4DW4FH
Harvard University Judge Baker Children’s Center: Summer Treatment Program
- Description: Paid, six-week internship to work with children with Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD).
- Deadline: First-come, first-served starting Jan. 1, 2022
- To apply: https://campbaker.org/training-opportunities/
Nationwide Children's Behavioral Health-ASD Intern
- Summer 2022 (Pending COVID restrictions)
- Description: The Center for Autism Spectrum Disorders (CASD) at Nationwide Children’s Hospital is seeking interns for autism services and clinical support during the summer months. The interns will be assigned to a summer camp (i.e., Buddy Camp). This internship will include both direct contact with clients with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and indirect work with the clinicians that provide care to these individuals. The interns will attend mandatory trainings, meetings, and other direct sessions with clients.
- Deadline: TBD
- To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
UCLA Brain Research Institute: Summer Undergraduate research Experience (BRI-SURE)
- June 22 - Aug. 14, 2022
- Deadline to apply: Dec. 15, 2021
- Description: The UCLA Brain Research Institute (BRI) sponsors summer undergraduate research experience (BRI-SURE) pathway program for students currently participating in the Minority Access to Research Careers (MARC) and other honors research programs whose goal is to increase diversity. BRI-SURE Pathway is an 8-10 week, intensive summer research-training program for exceptional students interested in pursuing research careers in Neuroscience or Physiology.
- To apply: https://grad.ucla.edu/asis/srp/srpform.asp
Cleveland Clinic Summer Pediatric ADHD Program
- June 20 - Aug. 5, 2022
- Description: Cleveland Clinic Children's Summer Treatment Program for children with ADHD provides families with individually designed treatment plans that address their children’s behavioral, emotional and learning difficulties. The overall goal of the seven-week daytime treatment program is to help children and families manage ADHD symptoms throughout the year.
- Deadline: March 10, 2022
- To Apply: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/pediatrics/departments/behavioral-health/adhd-center/summer-treatment-program/staff-application
Athens County Prosecutor
They do have a couple of internship position available for the summer. Interested students should send a resume and cover letter to Alli Purcell. For more information students may contact Purcell at email@example.com.
Always in need of interns. For more information, please visit athenscasa.org or contact Jess Chadwell at firstname.lastname@example.org