Psychology Internship Opportunities
Department Internship Coordinator: Dr. Susan Tice-Alicke
Summer 2019 Opportunities
These opportunities pertain to various fields relating to psychology such as cognitive psychology, human resources, social psychology and many more! These and other opportunities are posted on the bulletin board outside of Porter 100 and will be updated throughout spring semester.
UCLA Brain Research Institute: Summer Undergraduate research Experience (BRI-SURE)
- June to August 2019
- Deadline to apply: March 31, 2019
- Description: The UCLA Brain Research Institute (BRI) sponsors summer undergraduate research experience (BRI-SURE) pathway program for students currently participating in the Minority Access to Research Careers (MARC) and other honors research programs whose goal is to increase diversity. BRI-SURE Pathway is an 8-10 week, intensive summer research-training program for exceptional students interested in pursuing research careers in Neuroscience or Physiology.
Camp Ramapo: Camp Counselor
- June 23 to Aug. 24, 2019
- Description: Ramapo's mission is to serve children with a wide range of emotional, behavioral and learning disabilities in a dynamic and stimulating outdoor environment, providing educational and recreational experiences that promote social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth. Are you a hardworking, mature individual with a sincere interest in helping children with special needs? If so, we are looking for conscientious individuals to work as camp counselors and health center staff this summer. Course credit is available.
Harvard University Judge Baker Children's Center: Summer Treatment Program
- July 1 to Aug. 16, 2019
- Description: Paid, six-week internship to work with children with Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD).
Ohio State University: The Science of Language and the Language of Science (REU)
- May 20 to July 26, 2019
- Deadline to apply: Feb. 22, 2019
- Description: A 10-week paid summer research program for students interested in language. Interns will work in cutting-edge lab and conduct research with mentorship from OSU faculty members. Interns will also learn to communicate about research and language with professionals and the public.
Indiana University: Center for Integrative Study of Animal Behavior (REU)
- May 20 to July 27, 2019
- Deadline to apply: Feb. 15, 2019
- Description: At the Center for Integrative Study of Animal Behavior, students will participate in research guided by a faculty mentor conducting state-of-the-art research in animal behavior. Students will be expected to conduct a study of their own during the 8-week program and be trained in field and laboratory techniques. This internship provides opportunity to learn about careers in the sciences.
Abercrombie & Fitch: Leadership Development Internship Program
- Description: The internships provide a select group of Junior college students the opportunity to experience working at Abercrombie & Fitch for 10 weeks over the summer before they enter their senior year. The programs are structured to allow interns to take on a great deal of responsibility quickly and gain immediate exposure to senior leadership. Internships in our Leadership Development Program are offered in Merchandising, Inventory Management, and Finance.
Quicken Loans Internships
- Description: There are a number of available internships for over the summer including event facilities, hospitality, creative project management, and many more.
IES Abroad: Chicago Summer Internships
- May 30, 2019-July 27, 2019
- Deadline to apply: March 8, 2019
- Description: IES interns will be placed within a certain business and work 32-40 hours a week. Interns will also enroll in a required 3 or 6 credit academic internship seminar with other IES interns, where you?ll learn about a variety of local business settings and opportunities. Before you depart, we work with you to fine-tune your resume, perfect your cover letter, and hone your communication and interview skills as we prepare you for working in new cultural environment.
University of Wisconsin-Madison: Psychology Research Experience Program (PREP)
- June 3 to Aug. 9, 2019
- Deadline to apply: Feb. 15, 2019
- Description: The psychology research experience program is designed for students interested in a career in scientific psychology. Students will engage in mentored laboratory research (approximately 30 hours per week) and a curriculum of scientific instruction, professional development and networking opportunities.
T. Rowe Price: Sales & Service Intern
- Description: Apply what you are learning in school while getting paid, hands-on business experience. With ongoing guidance and coaching from your manager and coworkers, you will be immersed in meaningful work, helping our clients while positioning yourself for a successful future.
Cleveland Clinic Research Student
- Description: Undergraduate students have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in laboratory techniques, and to explore careers in biomedical research.
Florida International University Summer Treatment Program (STP) Counselor
- June 3 to Aug. 10, 2019
- Deadline to apply: There is no application deadline, however applications are only accepted through Spring 2019.
- Description: Paid internship to work with children with Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (AD/HD), Oppositional-Defiant Disorder (ODD), and other learning and behavioral problems in a Summer Treatment Program.
Boston University Summer Internship Program
- May 20 to Aug. 16, 2019
- Deadline to apply: April 5, 2019
- Description: During the first six weeks of this 12-week program, participants take two academic summer courses chosen from one of eight tracks, earning eight credits. For the final six weeks, students undertake professionally relevant internships at Boston-area businesses and organizations. Participants also enroll in a two-credit Internship Course, which runs through both the academic and internship phases of the program. By the conclusion of the Summer Study Internship Program, students will have earned a total of 10 semester credits?and gained exceptional preparation for their future careers.
Yale Canine Cognition Center Summer Internship
- June 3 to Aug. 9, 2019
- Deadline to apply: Feb. 28, 2019
- Description: REU students will have a rare opportunity to participate in all aspects of the research process: research design, subject recruitment, stimulus generation, data collection, data entry, coding, and statistical analysis. In addition, students will have the opportunity to interact as colleagues: participating in weekly lab meetings, reading current literature, contributing to theoretical discussions regarding the comparative and developmental origins of social cognition, and attending a professional development series focusing on topics such as applying to graduate school, getting the most out of your undergraduate career, etc. Students will meet weekly with a graduate student mentor, and the PI and co-PI will attend bi-monthly social events.
Harvard Research Assistant in Dan Gilbert's Lab
- Early June to mid-August
- Deadline to apply: Feb. 1, 2019
- Description: Looking for motivated undergraduates/recent graduates with a keen interest in social psychology. Research experience is an asset but not a necessity. Research relates to topics such as affective forecasting, conversation, and social interaction, the role of shared experience, altruism, advice, judgement, and decision making. Interns work approximately 35 hours a week; this includes study preparation, data collection (in the lab and in the field), statistical analyses, and lab meetings.
- To apply: send a CV, unofficial grade report, a brief cover letter that explains your interest in the program, and your availability between June and August to email@example.com.
Yale Cognition and Developmental Lab Summer Internship
- June 3 to July 26, 2019
- Deadline to apply: March 3, 2019
- Description: Summer interns will be involved in many aspects of the research process, including participant recruitment and scheduling, study design, experiment facilitation, data entry and more. Interns will also attend and present at weekly lab meetings to discuss relevant research.
Ohio University's Camp Boost Counselor or Teacher's Aide
- July 15 to Aug. 9, 2019
- Deadline to apply: Applications are selected on a first-come, first-serve basis. So apply today!
- Description: The camp program provides treatment tailored to 6- to 12-year-old children's individual behavioral and learning difficulties. There will be additional opportunities for counselors and aides to participate in children?s social skills groups held concomitantly with the parenting workshops. Ohio University Research Credit (PSY 3940) hours may be earned.
- To apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org