We encourage all students, faculty, and staff to report concerns about the campus climate.
Report Campus Climate Concern
Inclusive Excellence Strategic Plan
Learn more about the action steps we are taking to move our campus forward in combating systemic and structural racism.
Other Resources for All
Resources regarding bystander intervention, implicit bias and privilege, allyship, identifying and responding to microaggressions, reporting discrimination and bias, and anti-racism.
Browse student organizations built on the principles of diversity and inclusion and get involved.
Ohio University offers several scholarships for students in underserved populations.
Feedback and Perspectives
We encourage community members to provide constructive suggestions about what can help them feel supported at OHIO.
Center for Student Leadership and Engagement
The Center for Student Leadership and Engagement provides meaningful, high quality out-of-class opportunities through programs and experiences guided to reflect the five core values of Ohio University: character, community citizenship, civility, and commitment.
Freedom of Expression
Freedom of expression is the foundation of an OHIO education. Open debate and deliberation, the critique of beliefs and theories, and uncensored academic inquiry are all essential to our shared mission of discovery and dissemination of knowledge.
Resources for Faculty & Staff
Keep Including reminds us that the student experience is central to our diverse community. Faculty are here to support students, to keep them on track for graduation, and to increase their positive connection to our campuses, virtual and face-to-face.
Diverse Junior Faculty Mentoring Program
A program designed to provide tenure-track underrepresented faculty with the support, resources, advice, and council to move successfully toward achieving tenure track status.
In the Division of Diversity and Inclusion, we believe that our education is ongoing, and we are committed to supporting you in your development and commitment to equality. As you look for opportunities for yourself, your team, and/or your students, we hope that you will explore these scaffolded learning options.
Employee Affinity Organizations
Affinity organizations are formed around a shared identity, common bond and a commitment to invest in the professional development of historically marginalized or underrepresented groups of faculty and staff.
Support and Empower Marginalized Students
For students who already face feelings of marginalization, varied instructional formats (face-to-face, hybrid, or online) can amplify existing biases and marginalization.
Inclusive Pedagogy Academy
The mission of the Inclusive Pedagogy Academy is to empower faculty to maximize student learning and achievement by working with faculty to enact inclusive teaching approaches across all disciplines.
Division of Student Affairs Strategic Plan
Built with a shared vision and renewed energy for the future of Ohio University student support services, the Division of Student Affairs Strategic Plan is a united commitment to maximize the potential of each department as we passionately care for our students.
Women Leading OHIO
The Women’s Center, under the Division of Diversity & Inclusion, is pleased to house an early-career faculty and staff development program titled Women Leading OHIO. Despite the major strides towards equality women have made in the workplace and higher education, there still remains a confidence and leadership gap. The program is open to a small cohort of approximately ten participants and will be most beneficial to those early in their career at Ohio University
- Implicit Biased Module Series – Ohio State University, Kirwan Institute
- Project Ready – University of North Carolina
- Talking about Race – National Museum of African American History and Culture
Anti-Racism and Medical Education
- AAMC Report Shows Decline of Black Males in Medicine
- Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Clinical Grading in Medical School
- Changing How Race Is Portrayed in Medical Education: Recommendations From Medical Students
- Medical Students’ Implicit Bias and the Communication of Norms in Medical Education
- An Anti-Racism Public Health Curriculum Competency: The University of Washington Experience
Bias Against Women of Color
- 4 Charts That Show The Bias Against Women of Color at Nonprofits – Race To Lead
- Women of Color Get Less Support at Work. Here’s How Managers Can Change That. – Harvard Business Review
- Racism and Sexism Combine to Shortchange Working Black Women – Center for American Progress
- Bystander Intervention
- Harassment, Discrimination, and Retaliation Incident Report
- Campus Climate Concerns Report
- University Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- NCAA Inclusion Forum webinars
- Scholarship Programs
- Bobcat Wellness
- Interlink Alliance
- Southern Regional Education Board
- OHIO Alumni Association
- Your Big Questions About Race, Answered (CNN)