College of Arts & Sciences Giving Opportunities
The College of Arts & Sciences General Support Fund
Students in Arts & Sciences don’t just learn in classrooms; they learn through internships, hands-on labs, experience with real-world issues, co-curricular activities, leadership, and community engagement, and developing and executing their own research and creative projects.
This fund supports opportunities for student experiential learning opportunities at the core of an OHIO education. It also supports student and faculty research and travel, bringing speakers to campus, new technology to enhance learning, or other needs that may arise.
Many Arts & Sciences alumni and friends also direct their gifts to scholarship, research and equipment needs within the college and its departments.
Ohio University believes that you should be able to support what matters most to you. With your support, the college seeks to engage more students in leadership opportunities, encourage faculty excellence, and implement state-of-the-art approaches to education. You can designate your gift toward the following college initiatives:
- Enhancing undergraduate student scholarships.
- Providing more competitive graduate stipends and teaching awards.
- Encouraging student conference attendance, service-learning opportunities and research endeavors through a student activities fund.
- Increasing our endowed chairs and professorships.
- Supporting faculty development to spark innovation in teaching, research and scholarship.
- Acquiring new equipment and upgrading existing technologies including a Doppler radar for Meteorology students, GPS units for Geography students and digital language equipment for Modern Languages students.
With your help, the college has been able to attract and retain eminent faculty and help bring the cost of a college education within reach for countless incoming students. Your gift – no matter the amount – makes a huge difference in the lives of our students.
If you have questions about giving, or if you have interest in establishing a new fund, please contact:
Senior Director of Development