Find an Internship. Get a Job.
Arts & Sciences Career & Networking Week
Save the Date: Jan. 27 to Feb. 1, 2020
The fourth annual College of Arts & Sciences Career & Networking Week is Jan. 27 to Feb. 1, 2020.
A highlight is Alumni Networking Day on Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020, with an Alumni and Student Networking Reception that brings together hundreds of alumni and students majoring in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
For more information, contact Lisa Cohen.
Get Your Resume in Handshake
- Join Handshake.
- Don's miss the Arts & Sciences Career and Networking Week. (Network with Bobcat alumni!)
- Get the Latest News at Career Corner.
- Use the A&S Career & Academic Checklist.
Arts & Sciences graduates have the skills employers want: communication, problem-solving, teamwork, intercultural competence. and ethical thinking and action.
Individualized Career Coaching for Arts & Sciences Students
College of Arts & Sciences students can take advantage of individualized career coaching, with many resources to help them prepare for successful lives. Students with liberal arts degrees are highly sought after because they are educated to think critically and become problem solvers for 21st century issues.
- Make an appointment with OHIO's Career Leadership and Development Center, by logging into Handshake!
- Drop in the CLDC Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. in the CLDC on the 5th floor of Baker.
Once you log-in to Handshake, please follow these steps:
- Select “Career Center” on the top right.
- On the drop-down menu, select “Appointments.”
- Select “Schedule A New Appointment.”
- Select “CLDC Baker University Center Location.”
- Select “CLDC Career Coaching for Arts & Sciences” (Mock Interviews and Leadership Coaching options also available).
- You will then be able to locate available appointments.
- Select the time that works for you and complete the information requested.
- Push “Request.”
- After graduation: Where A&S students land
- The Liberal Arts Experience
- Career and Academic Checklist
- Liberal Arts Education and Marketable Skills for Employment
Faculty advisers—Each student has a faculty adviser is his or her major. Students still deciding on a major path have advisers in the College of Arts & Sciences Office of Undergraduate Student Affairs.The Career and Leadership Development Center offers career planning, career fairs, leadership programs, and job and internship searches through Handshake, a mock interview program, and information on resume writing.
- Earn a leadership certificate by participating in the CLDC Leadership series. Both a Professional Leadership Certificate and a 21st Century Leadership Certificate are offered.
- Pre-law advising resources
- Pre-medicine and health-professions resources
The Power of Handshake
To access jobs and internships that employers are marketing to Ohio University students and alumni, create your Handshake account today!
- More than 2,600 registered employers are recruiting at Ohio University.
- All Fortune 500 companies are using Handshake.
And, be sure to download Handshake Mobile (iOS) to discover jobs on the go and to stay on track with reminders for application deadlines and direct messages from employers.
- African American Studies
- Classics & World Religions
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- English (the English Internship)
- Environmental & Plant Biology (Internships across the United States)
- Geological Sciences
- History (Internship Guide)
- Modern Languages
- Physics & Astronomy (Interns tell their stories)
- Political Science (Public Affairs Internship Program)
- Psychology (Summer internships)
- Sociology & Anthropology (Anthropology internship) (Sociology-Criminology internship)
- Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies (WGSS internships)
Take Advantage of Virtual Career and Leadership Services The Career and Leadership Development Center continues to provide coaching appointments by phone and virtually through TEAMS as part of Ohio University’s lifetime Bobcat benefits. Alumni, especially recent graduates, are encouraged to schedule an appointment in Handshake, set up a profile and gain […]Read More
The Ohio University Center for Law, Justice & Culture has openings for two PACE students in the academic year of 2020-21! The center is searching for Pre-Law Associates who will help us develop law-related resources and opportunities for undergraduate students who are interested in law school and law-related career fields. As a PACE Pre-Law […]
The post CLJC Seeks Students for PACE Pre-Law Associate Positions for 2020-21 appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
Quidel Corp., which employs many Ohio University alumni in Athens, joins the fight against COVID-19 outbreak with fast, accurate diagnostic tool, according to a news release. The company announced on March 17 that it received Emergency Use Authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for a molecular COVID-19 diagnostic […]Read More
Learn how to navigate your LinkedIn profile to make basic updates, in addition to how to maximize the Alumni Tool as a networking resource. This video was created in the Career & Leadership Development Center at Ohio University. For more information about this video, contact me at WARDL@ohio.edu or […]
The post Career Corner | How to Build a LinkedIn Profile and Use Alumni Tool appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
Atomic Robot, a mobile app agency that crafts engaging mobile experiences for everyone from innovative startups to the Fortune 500, is looking to fill full-time and intern positions. Apply at atomicrobot.com/careers. Visit with them at Ohio University on March 18 between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. in the ARC Atrium. […]
The post Career Corner | Atomic Robot Seeks Copywriters, Mobile App Designers appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
By Regina Yoong Esther Aulis-Cabrera is currently interning at the U.S. House of Representative in Washington, D.C., where she is connecting her passion for Latinx issues with real-world career experience. “Interning in this office has been a very rewarding process. At home, in Cincinnati, and on campus I am an […]
The post Esther Aulis-Cabrera Pursues Passions, Experience in D.C. Internship appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
The Ohio University Center for Law, Justice & Culture hosts a free practice online administration of the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) on Friday, April 17, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Students must register no later than April 10 for the practice administration. The test will be a full diagnostic […]Read More
Note: These events have been canceled. The Psychology Advising & Resources Center offers the Psychology Department 8th Annual Graduate School Fair — Tuesday, April 7, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. on the first floor of Porter Hall. The Psychology Advising & Resource Center provides undergraduate psychology majors and minors with […]Read More
Note: This event has been canceled. Ohio University students have three more opportunities this spring to take advantage of the Career & Leadership Development Center’s Saturday Series training programs, which cover career readiness and 21st century leadership topics. No registration is necessary; just show up to attend these workshops, which […]Read More
Note: This event has been canceled. Ohio University students and alumni interested in exploring summer and on-campus work opportunities are invited to the annual JobFest. on Wednesday, March 17, from 1 to 4 p.m. in Baker Center 240-242. Employers expected to participate in this year’s event include Buckle, Camp Oty’Okwa, COMCorps, […]Read More