Find an Internship. Get a Job.
Arts & Sciences Career & Networking Week
Save the Date: Jan. 27 to Feb. 1, 2020
The fourth annual College of Arts & Sciences Career & Networking Week is Jan. 27 to Feb. 1, 2020.
A highlight is Alumni Networking Day on Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020, with an Alumni and Student Networking Reception that brings together hundreds of alumni and students majoring in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
For more information, contact Lisa Cohen.
Get Your Resume in Handshake
- Join Handshake.
- Don's miss the Arts & Sciences Career and Networking Week. (Network with Bobcat alumni!)
- Get the Latest News at Career Corner.
- Use the A&S Career & Academic Checklist.
Arts & Sciences graduates have the skills employers want: communication, problem-solving, teamwork, intercultural competence. and ethical thinking and action.
Individualized Career Coaching for Arts & Sciences Students
College of Arts & Sciences students can take advantage of individualized career coaching, with many resources to help them prepare for successful lives. Students with liberal arts degrees are highly sought after because they are educated to think critically and become problem solvers for 21st century issues.
- Make an appointment with OHIO's Career Leadership and Development Center, by logging into Handshake!
- Drop in the CLDC Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. in the CLDC on the 5th floor of Baker.
Once you log-in to Handshake, please follow these steps:
- Select “Career Center” on the top right.
- On the drop-down menu, select “Appointments.”
- Select “Schedule A New Appointment.”
- Select “CLDC Baker University Center Location.”
- Select “CLDC Career Coaching for Arts & Sciences” (Mock Interviews and Leadership Coaching options also available).
- You will then be able to locate available appointments.
- Select the time that works for you and complete the information requested.
- Push “Request.”
- After graduation: Where A&S students land
- The Liberal Arts Experience
- Career and Academic Checklist
- Liberal Arts Education and Marketable Skills for Employment
Faculty advisers—Each student has a faculty adviser is his or her major. Students still deciding on a major path have advisers in the College of Arts & Sciences Office of Undergraduate Student Affairs.The Career and Leadership Development Center offers career planning, career fairs, leadership programs, and job and internship searches through Handshake, a mock interview program, and information on resume writing.
- Earn a leadership certificate by participating in the CLDC Leadership series. Both a Professional Leadership Certificate and a 21st Century Leadership Certificate are offered.
- Pre-law advising resources
- Pre-medicine and health-professions resources
The Power of Handshake
To access jobs and internships that employers are marketing to Ohio University students and alumni, create your Handshake account today!
- More than 2,600 registered employers are recruiting at Ohio University.
- All Fortune 500 companies are using Handshake.
And, be sure to download Handshake Mobile (iOS) to discover jobs on the go and to stay on track with reminders for application deadlines and direct messages from employers.
- African American Studies
- Classics & World Religions
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- English (the English Internship)
- Environmental & Plant Biology (Internships across the United States)
- Geological Sciences
- History (Internship Guide)
- Modern Languages
- Physics & Astronomy (Interns tell their stories)
- Political Science (Public Affairs Internship Program)
- Psychology (Summer internships)
- Sociology & Anthropology (Anthropology internship) (Sociology-Criminology internship)
- Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies (WGSS internships)
The Environmental & Plant Biology Colloquium Series presents Dr. Glenn Matlack discussing “How to Get a Job in Plant Biology” on Sept. 17 from 11:50 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. This talk is aimed at both graduate and undergraduate students and will be in person (Porter 104) and streamed online via […]
The post Plant Biology Colloquium | How to Get a Job in Plant Biology, Sept. 17 appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
Students who are considering a career in law or law school are invited to attend the annual Ohio University Law Fair on Thursday, Oct. 7, 2021, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the Ping Center. Students are encouraged to pre-register on Handshake. The Ohio University Law Fair will feature […]
The post Students can register now for Ohio University Law Fair, Oct. 7 appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
A new study from the American Academy of Arts & Sciences shows that more than half of the students with an undergraduate degree in the life and physical sciences go on to earn a graduate degree – and that advanced degree provides a significant financial boost to the earner. While […]
The post What a Difference a Graduate Degree Makes, Study Says appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
A new study from the American Academy of Arts & Sciences shows significant earnings increases for those with a bachelor’s degree – in any major. Add in years of work experience, and the study shows that “earning a bachelor’s degree, in any major, provides a substantial financial advantage over those […]
The post Degree + Work Experience = Higher Earnings, Study Says appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
Ellen Gill-Franks Gets Distinguished Engagement Award for Sociology, Her Next Stop is Supreme Court of Ohio
Ellen Gill-Franks ’22 has been adding a lot of adventures and accolades to her resume at Ohio University. Her next stop is an externship with the Public Information Office of the Supreme Court of Ohio this summer. “I always joke that my greatest strength and weakness is that I say […]Read More
Ohio University’s Ecohouse is available for rent and provides a hands-on sustainable living experience. Both undergraduate and graduate students can take advantage of the chance to lessen their impact on the Earth while living close to the central Athens Campus (8133 Dairy Lane). Any student who is eligible to live […]Read More
Each year, the Water Management Association of Ohio offers one undergraduate and graduate scholarship to recipients who are students with an academic focus on water resources. Find out more. Apply by May 31. Eligibility Criteria: Candidates must attend on a full-time basis. Candidates must attend, or plan to attend, a […]Read More
ScribeAmerica hires and trains medical and veterinary scribes to work alongside physicians and veterinarians in health-care facilities nationwide. They are looking for graduating pre health and pre-vet seniors who plan on taking a gap year for openings in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Dayton, and Ironton. Cleveland Medical Scribe Application Cincinnati Medical Scribe […]Read More
The Ohio Environment Council launches the second Ohio Public Interest Environmental Justice Writing Competition to highlight the high-quality academic work of individuals soon to enter the legal or policy world and catalyze conversation about issues facing Ohio’s environment. This year writing prompts has water as its focus: Our Fight for […]Read More
The ACLU of Ohio University hosted a virtual alumni panel that featured four previous executive board members—three of them currently in law school, and one headed to law school in the fall. The March 30 panel featured Nick Concilla, a 2L at Florida State University College of Law; Kristin Kelley, […]
The post Alumni Panel Focuses on Civil Liberties, Leadership, and Law School appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More