Find an Internship. Get a Job.
Arts & Sciences Career & Networking Week
Save the Date: Jan. 27 to Feb. 1, 2020
The fourth annual College of Arts & Sciences Career & Networking Week is Jan. 27 to Feb. 1, 2020.
A highlight is Alumni Networking Day on Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020, with an Alumni and Student Networking Reception that brings together hundreds of alumni and students majoring in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
For more information, contact Lisa Cohen.
Get Your Resume in Handshake
- Join Handshake.
- Don's miss the Arts & Sciences Career and Networking Week. (Network with Bobcat alumni!)
- Get the Latest News at Career Corner.
- Use the A&S Career & Academic Checklist.
Arts & Sciences graduates have the skills employers want: communication, problem-solving, teamwork, intercultural competence. and ethical thinking and action.
Individualized Career Coaching for Arts & Sciences Students
College of Arts & Sciences students can take advantage of individualized career coaching, with many resources to help them prepare for successful lives. Students with liberal arts degrees are highly sought after because they are educated to think critically and become problem solvers for 21st century issues.
- Make an appointment with OHIO's Career Leadership and Development Center, by logging into Handshake!
- Drop in the CLDC Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. in the CLDC on the 5th floor of Baker.
Once you log-in to Handshake, please follow these steps:
- Select “Career Center” on the top right.
- On the drop-down menu, select “Appointments.”
- Select “Schedule A New Appointment.”
- Select “CLDC Baker University Center Location.”
- Select “CLDC Career Coaching for Arts & Sciences” (Mock Interviews and Leadership Coaching options also available).
- You will then be able to locate available appointments.
- Select the time that works for you and complete the information requested.
- Push “Request.”
- After graduation: Where A&S students land
- The Liberal Arts Experience
- Career and Academic Checklist
- Liberal Arts Education and Marketable Skills for Employment
Faculty advisers—Each student has a faculty adviser is his or her major. Students still deciding on a major path have advisers in the College of Arts & Sciences Office of Undergraduate Student Affairs.The Career and Leadership Development Center offers career planning, career fairs, leadership programs, and job and internship searches through Handshake, a mock interview program, and information on resume writing.
- Earn a leadership certificate by participating in the CLDC Leadership series. Both a Professional Leadership Certificate and a 21st Century Leadership Certificate are offered.
- Pre-law advising resources
- Pre-medicine and health-professions resources
The Power of Handshake
To access jobs and internships that employers are marketing to Ohio University students and alumni, create your Handshake account today!
- More than 2,600 registered employers are recruiting at Ohio University.
- All Fortune 500 companies are using Handshake.
And, be sure to download Handshake Mobile (iOS) to discover jobs on the go and to stay on track with reminders for application deadlines and direct messages from employers.
- African American Studies
- Classics & World Religions
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- English (the English Internship)
- Environmental & Plant Biology (Internships across the United States)
- Geological Sciences
- History (Internship Guide)
- Modern Languages
- Physics & Astronomy (Interns tell their stories)
- Political Science (Public Affairs Internship Program)
- Psychology (Summer internships)
- Sociology & Anthropology (Anthropology internship) (Sociology-Criminology internship)
- Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies (WGSS internships)
The Ohio Environment Council launches the second Ohio Public Interest Environmental Justice Writing Competition to highlight the high-quality academic work of individuals soon to enter the legal or policy world and catalyze conversation about issues facing Ohio’s environment. This year writing prompts has water as its focus: Our Fight for […]Read More
The ACLU of Ohio University hosted a virtual alumni panel that featured four previous executive board members—three of them currently in law school, and one headed to law school in the fall. The March 30 panel featured Nick Concilla, a 2L at Florida State University College of Law; Kristin Kelley, […]
The post Alumni Panel Focuses on Civil Liberties, Leadership, and Law School appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
UQ-Ochsner OPTIMUS is holding a Virtual Health Career Panel: Introduction to Allied Health Professions on Saturday, May 15, from 10 a.m. to noon. The purpose of this career panel is to provide information and support, especially for undergraduate underrepresented students interested in health professions. Speakers include an audiologist, a physician assistant, […]Read More
Sarah Ladipo’s professors “sparked a fire in me for politics and philosophy — they made me realize that through civic engagement I can make such a big difference.” Now she’s in Washington, D.C., working on Capitol Hill as an intern in Sen. Rob Portman’s congressional office, where she is helping […]Read More
From Ohio University News Through an experience with Ohio University’s chapter of the national Minority Association of Pre-Health Students (MAPS), Noël Gordon found her passion for working with kids and insight into her career path. Gordon collaborated with The Center for Family Safety and Healing, an organization inside Nationwide Children’s […]
The post MAPS Benefits Students Seeking Careers in Health, Medical Fields appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
Students are invited to participate in a 30-minute virtual Career Coaching session designed to set personalized goals with a trained coach. Complete pre-post measures for 60 minutes and two brief follow-up surveys to ultimately receive a $15 Amazon gift card. This study is being conducted by the Career & Leadership […]
The post Participate in Virtual Career Coaching and Earn Amazon Cash appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
The Ironton Ranger District of the Wayne National Forest is looking for individuals who enjoy working outdoors doing a variety of different work across many different disciplines including timber, recreation, wildlife, botany, and fire. The position entails outdoor work in a variety of environmental conditions and hiking in rough and […]
The post Career Corner | Wayne National Forest Seeks Forestry Technicians appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
Looking for your next career move after graduation? COMCorps offers service opportunities in Athens County that provide a stipend and an education award that can be used to pay down student loans. Information and application. Beginning Aug. 12, COMCorps members will serve approximately 38 hours each week in Athens County […]
The post Career Corner | COMCorps Offers Service Opportunities with Stipends appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
Application Deadline Extended to May 15 | Apply Now for Fall 2021 Applications received after the deadline will be considered on a space-available basis. Seniors majoring in STEM or social sciences—and interested in solving real-world problems—might be interested in pursuing a master’s degree in economics. “This one-year master’s program can […]Read More
College of Arts & Sciences students are invited to attend “C10: Career in 10” — featuring Nationwide, Watts Waters and Hikma Pharmaceutical — on March 23 at 5 p.m. See more information about the event. Join Microsoft Teams Meeting. C10 is an opportunity for students from untapped populations to connect […]Read More