Find an Internship. Get a Job.
Arts & Sciences Career & Networking Week
Save the Date: Jan. 27 to Feb. 1, 2020
The fourth annual College of Arts & Sciences Career & Networking Week is Jan. 27 to Feb. 1, 2020.
A highlight is Alumni Networking Day on Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020, with an Alumni and Student Networking Reception that brings together hundreds of alumni and students majoring in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
For more information, contact Lisa Cohen.
Get Your Resume in Handshake
- Join Handshake.
- Don's miss the Arts & Sciences Career and Networking Week. (Network with Bobcat alumni!)
- Get the Latest News at Career Corner.
- Use the A&S Career & Academic Checklist.
Arts & Sciences graduates have the skills employers want: communication, problem-solving, teamwork, intercultural competence. and ethical thinking and action.
Individualized Career Coaching for Arts & Sciences Students
College of Arts & Sciences students can take advantage of individualized career coaching, with many resources to help them prepare for successful lives. Students with liberal arts degrees are highly sought after because they are educated to think critically and become problem solvers for 21st century issues.
- Make an appointment with OHIO's Career Leadership and Development Center, by logging into Handshake!
- Drop in the CLDC Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. in the CLDC on the 5th floor of Baker.
Once you log-in to Handshake, please follow these steps:
- Select “Career Center” on the top right.
- On the drop-down menu, select “Appointments.”
- Select “Schedule A New Appointment.”
- Select “CLDC Baker University Center Location.”
- Select “CLDC Career Coaching for Arts & Sciences” (Mock Interviews and Leadership Coaching options also available).
- You will then be able to locate available appointments.
- Select the time that works for you and complete the information requested.
- Push “Request.”
- After graduation: Where A&S students land
- The Liberal Arts Experience
- Career and Academic Checklist
- Liberal Arts Education and Marketable Skills for Employment
Faculty advisers—Each student has a faculty adviser is his or her major. Students still deciding on a major path have advisers in the College of Arts & Sciences Office of Undergraduate Student Affairs.The Career and Leadership Development Center offers career planning, career fairs, leadership programs, and job and internship searches through Handshake, a mock interview program, and information on resume writing.
- Earn a leadership certificate by participating in the CLDC Leadership series. Both a Professional Leadership Certificate and a 21st Century Leadership Certificate are offered.
- Pre-law advising resources
- Pre-medicine and health-professions resources
The Power of Handshake
To access jobs and internships that employers are marketing to Ohio University students and alumni, create your Handshake account today!
- More than 2,600 registered employers are recruiting at Ohio University.
- All Fortune 500 companies are using Handshake.
And, be sure to download Handshake Mobile (iOS) to discover jobs on the go and to stay on track with reminders for application deadlines and direct messages from employers.
- African American Studies
- Classics & World Religions
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- English (the English Internship)
- Environmental & Plant Biology (Internships across the United States)
- Geological Sciences
- History (Internship Guide)
- Modern Languages
- Physics & Astronomy (Interns tell their stories)
- Political Science (Public Affairs Internship Program)
- Psychology (Summer internships)
- Sociology & Anthropology (Anthropology internship) (Sociology-Criminology internship)
- Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies (WGSS internships)
Do you have an interest in law, law school, or simply in joining a great student organization on campus? Come join Ohio University’s only pre-law fraternity, Phi Alpha Delta, on Sept. 8 and Sept. 15 from 7 to 8 p.m. Use this link to be added to the Phi Alpha […]Read More
Starting this semester, a new Environmental Geoscience Minor is available to Ohio University undergraduates interested in expanding their knowledge and skill within environmental science. The Environmental Geoscience Minor provides the opportunity for students to gain a broad overview of the geological aspects of environmental science, particularly surface processes such as rivers […]Read More
The first annual Diversity First Career Fair is Wednesday, Oct. 7, from 1 to 4 p.m. This optimal networking opportunity allows students to connect with employers and learn about their diversity programs, recruiting initiatives and potential positions. Registration is required. Register by 4 p.m. on Oct. 7. This fair will take […]
The post Sign Up Now for Diversity First Fall Career Fair, Oct. 7 appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
College of Arts & Sciences students can get individualized career coaching from the Ohio University Career and Leadership Development Center. All 30-minute coaching services are available by telephone and Microsoft Teams for students and alumni. These services include mock interviews, career coaching and leadership coaching. Please schedule all appointments through Handshake. […]
The post Career Corner | Get Individualized Career Coaching from CLDC appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
The Center for Law, Justice & Culture hosts a Law School Application Workshop on Tuesday, Sept. 1, at 5 p.m. via Teams. Students & alumni can join on Teams. Larry Hayman, Esq. Pre-Law Advisor and Specialist for the center, will provide a workshop on how to prepare for the law school […]
The post Law Center Hosts Law School Application Workshop, Sept. 1 appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
College of Arts & Sciences students are invited to the Fall 2020 Career and Internship Fair on Sept. 23 from 1 to 5 p.m. That’s right. It’s time to start thinking about that summer job or internship—or your next career step if you’re a senior. Virtually network with hundreds of […]
The post Career Corner | Fall 2020 Career and Internship Fair, Sept. 23 appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
Ohio University is a founding leadership partner of BioOhio, which means faculty and students have access to events including: Telehealth Tech Trends — 2 Sessions, July 20 and 27 ($25) — BioOhio’s newest event series focuses on the game-changing telehealth field. Through the synergy of communications technology, digital health platforms, […]Read More
COMCorps, an AmeriCorps program housed in OHIO’s Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, has opportunities for seniors who want to stay close to Athens and give back to the community after graduation. COMCorps participants will make a 10.5- or 11.5-month commitment to deliver health services in Athens County. The program starts […]
The post Career Corner | Apply Now for COMCorps Positions in Athens County appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
By Florenz Plassmann Dean of Arts & Sciences Professor of Economics and Political Science It’s surely been a roller coaster, but we have made it successfully to the end of the semester. Navigating a situation that none of us have encountered before is no small achievement. Congratulations! Take some time […]
The post Dean’s Message | How to Make Plans in Times of Uncertainty? appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
By Micah Gundani Ohio University Over the course of the past four weeks, I have been watching different motivational and career videos just to keep my overall morale up. I believe that watching these has really helped just in terms of staying positive and gaining insight on building a better […]
The post Career Corner | Three I’s for Success: Inclusion, Influence, Impact appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More