Find an Internship. Get a Job.
Arts & Sciences Career & Networking Week
Save the Date: Jan. 27 to Feb. 1, 2020
The fourth annual College of Arts & Sciences Career & Networking Week is Jan. 27 to Feb. 1, 2020.
A highlight is Alumni Networking Day on Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020, with an Alumni and Student Networking Reception that brings together hundreds of alumni and students majoring in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
For more information, contact Lisa Cohen.
Get Your Resume in Handshake
- Join Handshake.
- Don's miss the Arts & Sciences Career and Networking Week. (Network with Bobcat alumni!)
- Get the Latest News at Career Corner.
- Use the A&S Career & Academic Checklist.
Arts & Sciences graduates have the skills employers want: communication, problem-solving, teamwork, intercultural competence. and ethical thinking and action.
Individualized Career Coaching for Arts & Sciences Students
College of Arts & Sciences students can take advantage of individualized career coaching, with many resources to help them prepare for successful lives. Students with liberal arts degrees are highly sought after because they are educated to think critically and become problem solvers for 21st century issues.
- Make an appointment with OHIO's Career Leadership and Development Center, by logging into Handshake!
- Drop in the CLDC Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. in the CLDC on the 5th floor of Baker.
Once you log-in to Handshake, please follow these steps:
- Select “Career Center” on the top right.
- On the drop-down menu, select “Appointments.”
- Select “Schedule A New Appointment.”
- Select “CLDC Baker University Center Location.”
- Select “CLDC Career Coaching for Arts & Sciences” (Mock Interviews and Leadership Coaching options also available).
- You will then be able to locate available appointments.
- Select the time that works for you and complete the information requested.
- Push “Request.”
- After graduation: Where A&S students land
- The Liberal Arts Experience
- Career and Academic Checklist
- Liberal Arts Education and Marketable Skills for Employment
Faculty advisers—Each student has a faculty adviser is his or her major. Students still deciding on a major path have advisers in the College of Arts & Sciences Office of Undergraduate Student Affairs.The Career and Leadership Development Center offers career planning, career fairs, leadership programs, and job and internship searches through Handshake, a mock interview program, and information on resume writing.
- Earn a leadership certificate by participating in the CLDC Leadership series. Both a Professional Leadership Certificate and a 21st Century Leadership Certificate are offered.
- Pre-law advising resources
- Pre-medicine and health-professions resources
The Power of Handshake
To access jobs and internships that employers are marketing to Ohio University students and alumni, create your Handshake account today!
- More than 2,600 registered employers are recruiting at Ohio University.
- All Fortune 500 companies are using Handshake.
And, be sure to download Handshake Mobile (iOS) to discover jobs on the go and to stay on track with reminders for application deadlines and direct messages from employers.
- African American Studies
- Classics & World Religions
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- English (the English Internship)
- Environmental & Plant Biology (Internships across the United States)
- Geological Sciences
- History (Internship Guide)
- Modern Languages
- Physics & Astronomy (Interns tell their stories)
- Political Science (Public Affairs Internship Program)
- Psychology (Summer internships)
- Sociology & Anthropology (Anthropology internship) (Sociology-Criminology internship)
- Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies (WGSS internships)
COMCorps, an AmeriCorps program housed in OHIO’s Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine, has opportunities for seniors who want to stay close to Athens and give back to the community after graduation. COMCorps participants will make a 10.5- or 11.5-month commitment to deliver health services in Athens County. The program starts […]
The post Career Corner | Apply Now for COMCorps Positions in Athens County appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
By Florenz Plassmann Dean of Arts & Sciences Professor of Economics and Political Science It’s surely been a roller coaster, but we have made it successfully to the end of the semester. Navigating a situation that none of us have encountered before is no small achievement. Congratulations! Take some time […]
The post Dean’s Message | How to Make Plans in Times of Uncertainty? appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
By Micah Gundani Ohio University Over the course of the past four weeks, I have been watching different motivational and career videos just to keep my overall morale up. I believe that watching these has really helped just in terms of staying positive and gaining insight on building a better […]
The post Career Corner | Three I’s for Success: Inclusion, Influence, Impact appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
By Imants Jaunarajs Assistant Vice President and Executive Director Career & Leadership Development Center For graduating seniors, job opportunities may seem bleak and your own career development process a bit hopeless. As administrators who helped college students during the Great Recession and specifically graduating seniors in 2009, our current situation […]Read More
From Ohio University News College of Arts & Sciences juniors and seniors are invited to apply for community-based internships for this summer. The internships may be completed remotely if COVID-19 social distancing guidelines remain in effect. See details and application at the Center for Campus and Community Engagement. Applications will […]
The post Career Corner | Apply Now for Summer Community-Based Internships appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
By Dililah Gonzalez ’22Ohio University The Career and Leadership Development Center at Ohio University is a great resource for students to receive career and leadership coaching, go to mock interviews, and get resumes reviewed. This week I’ve been utilizing the virtual workshops that the CLDC offers to learn how to […]
The post Career Corner | ‘My Experience with the Virtual CLDC’ appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
Quite a few employers in Ohio—especially those deemed essential businesses—have plenty of positions to fill. The state of Ohio provides a website that links employers with staffing needs as a result of COVID-19 — with job-seekers. Visit COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Job Search. To search just Ohio jobs: Find Jobs Near Me. […]
The post Career Corner | Essential Businesses Look to Fill Open Positions appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
The Ohio University Center for Law, Justice & Culture hosts a free practice online administration of the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) on Friday, April 17, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Students must register no later than April 14 for the practice administration. The test will be a full diagnostic […]Read More
Take Advantage of Virtual Career and Leadership Services The Career and Leadership Development Center continues to provide coaching appointments by phone and virtually through TEAMS as part of Ohio University’s lifetime Bobcat benefits. Alumni, especially recent graduates, are encouraged to schedule an appointment in Handshake, set up a profile and gain […]Read More
Ohio University students and faculty are invited to the first Diversity in Bioscience & Healthcare event of 2020, which takes place virtually on May 14 at 5 p.m. The event is FREE to attend, but attendance is limited. Register Online The engaging discussion, focused on generational diversity, will include special […]Read More