Find an Internship. Get a Job.
Arts & Sciences Career & Networking Week
Save the Date: Jan. 27 to Feb. 1, 2020
The fourth annual College of Arts & Sciences Career & Networking Week is Jan. 27 to Feb. 1, 2020.
A highlight is Alumni Networking Day on Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020, with an Alumni and Student Networking Reception that brings together hundreds of alumni and students majoring in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
For more information, contact Lisa Cohen.
Get Your Resume in Handshake
- Join Handshake.
- Don's miss the Arts & Sciences Career and Networking Week. (Network with Bobcat alumni!)
- Get the Latest News at Career Corner.
- Use the A&S Career & Academic Checklist.
Arts & Sciences graduates have the skills employers want: communication, problem-solving, teamwork, intercultural competence. and ethical thinking and action.
Individualized Career Coaching for Arts & Sciences Students
College of Arts & Sciences students can take advantage of individualized career coaching, with many resources to help them prepare for successful lives. Students with liberal arts degrees are highly sought after because they are educated to think critically and become problem solvers for 21st century issues.
- Make an appointment with OHIO's Career Leadership and Development Center, by logging into Handshake!
- Drop in the CLDC Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. in the CLDC on the 5th floor of Baker.
Once you log-in to Handshake, please follow these steps:
- Select “Career Center” on the top right.
- On the drop-down menu, select “Appointments.”
- Select “Schedule A New Appointment.”
- Select “CLDC Baker University Center Location.”
- Select “CLDC Career Coaching for Arts & Sciences” (Mock Interviews and Leadership Coaching options also available).
- You will then be able to locate available appointments.
- Select the time that works for you and complete the information requested.
- Push “Request.”
- After graduation: Where A&S students land
- The Liberal Arts Experience
- Career and Academic Checklist
- Liberal Arts Education and Marketable Skills for Employment
Faculty advisers—Each student has a faculty adviser is his or her major. Students still deciding on a major path have advisers in the College of Arts & Sciences Office of Undergraduate Student Affairs.The Career and Leadership Development Center offers career planning, career fairs, leadership programs, and job and internship searches through Handshake, a mock interview program, and information on resume writing.
- Earn a leadership certificate by participating in the CLDC Leadership series. Both a Professional Leadership Certificate and a 21st Century Leadership Certificate are offered.
- Pre-law advising resources
- Pre-medicine and health-professions resources
The Power of Handshake
To access jobs and internships that employers are marketing to Ohio University students and alumni, create your Handshake account today!
- More than 2,600 registered employers are recruiting at Ohio University.
- All Fortune 500 companies are using Handshake.
And, be sure to download Handshake Mobile (iOS) to discover jobs on the go and to stay on track with reminders for application deadlines and direct messages from employers.
- African American Studies
- Classics & World Religions
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- English (the English Internship)
- Environmental & Plant Biology (Internships across the United States)
- Geological Sciences
- History (Internship Guide)
- Modern Languages
- Physics & Astronomy (Interns tell their stories)
- Political Science (Public Affairs Internship Program)
- Psychology (Summer internships)
- Sociology & Anthropology (Anthropology internship) (Sociology-Criminology internship)
- Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies (WGSS internships)
Registration for Ohio University’s 2020 Student Expo is now open. This year’s Expo is Thursday, April 9, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Convocation Center. More information about how students can register for and participate in the event. The annual event attracts more than 850 student presenters from […]Read More
The NASA Glenn Research Center in Cleveland has hundreds of paid opportunities for students to come to the center, gain experience, and work with NASA personnel on authentic NASA projects each year. The center is currently recruiting for Summer 2020 internships. Eligible students must be enrolled full-time in a community […]
The post Career Corner | NASA Seeks Summer Interns at Cleveland Research Center appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
Editor’s Note: The Happy Beginnings series features recent College of Arts & Sciences graduates who are getting started in careers, graduate school and service. Ohio University alum Katie Basalla ’18 is expanding upon her undergraduate experiences to propel her through exciting fellowships, internships, and opportunities in law school. At OHIO, […]Read More
Interested in an exciting and fulfilling career in engineering, physics, computer science, healthcare or any other STEM-related field right after college? Check out technical career paths in the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC). What is AFROTC? An officer training program, where upon successful completion, cadets become 2nd Lieutenants […]
The post Career Corner | Air Force ROTC Offers Technical Career Paths appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
Editor’s Note: The Happy Beginnings series features recent College of Arts & Sciences graduates who are getting started in careers, graduate school and service. Ohio University alum Alexa Jesser ’18 is using her passion for advocacy and law by pursuing a career as a criminal defense attorney. She is […]
The post Career Week | Law Student Jesser Pursues Passion for Criminal Defense appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
Editor’s Note: The Happy Beginnings series features recent College of Arts & Sciences graduates who are getting started in careers, graduate school and service. Ohio University alumna Olga Sormaz BA ’15, MA ’18 is always seeking out new challenges. She spent a year in a British school during her middle […]
The post Happy Beginnings | Sormaz Seeks New Challenges Teaching in Japan appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
The Career and Leadership Development Center offers Understanding Emotional Intelligence on Jan. 21 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Amanda J. Cunningham Leadership Center, Baker 366. Have you ever overreacted to a situation or hurt someone’s feelings unintentionally? Emotional Intelligence describes the ability, capacity and skill to identify, assess, […]
The post Career Corner | Understanding Emotional Intelligence, Jan. 21 appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
The Ohio University Career and Leadership Development Center offers Job Search and Interviewing on Tuesday, Jan. 21, from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Amanda J. Cunningham Leadership Center, Baker 366. Are you clueless about how to find a job or an internship? Do you feel anxious about the interview […]
The post Career Corner | Job Search and Interviewing, Jan. 21 appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
The Ohio University Career and Leadership Development Center hosts a Black Excellence Panel Wednesday, Jan. 22, from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Amanda J. Cunningham Leadership Center, Backer Center 366. Hear the stories of the panelists and ask questions about the different industries represented. There is also a networking […]Read More
Jan. 27 to Feb. 1, 2020 | RSVP for Free Business Cards College of Arts & Sciences students, alumni, faculty and staff are invited to the fourth annual College of Arts & Sciences Career & Networking Week, Jan. 27 to Feb. 1, 2020. Come meet alumni and employers to talk […]
The post Career Week | Arts & Sciences Career & Networking Week, Jan. 27-Feb. 1 appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More