From Ohio University News Kaley Norris ’23 spent most of her winter break in Handshake, applying for summer internships that interested her. She’s spending the summer at Keybanc Capital Markets Inc. as a Trading Systems & Analytics summer analyst in downtown Cleveland. Handshake provides Ohio University students with access to […]
Find an Internship. Get a Job.
Get Your Resume in Handshake
Arts & Sciences graduates have the skills employers want: communication, problem-solving, teamwork, intercultural competence. and ethical thinking and action.
Individualized Career Coaching for Arts & Sciences Students
College of Arts & Sciences students can take advantage of individualized career coaching, with many resources to help them prepare for successful lives. Students with liberal arts degrees are highly sought after because they are educated to think critically and become problem solvers for 21st century issues.
- After graduation: Where A&S students land
- The Liberal Arts Experience
- Career and Academic Checklist
- Liberal Arts Education and Marketable Skills for Employment
Faculty advisers—Each student has a faculty adviser is his or her major. Students still deciding on a major path have advisers in the College of Arts & Sciences Office of Undergraduate Student Affairs. The Career Network offers career planning, career fairs, leadership programs, and job and internship searches through Handshake, a mock interview program, and information on resume writing.
The Power of Handshake
To access jobs and internships that employers are marketing to Ohio University students and alumni, create your Handshake account today!
- More than 2,600 registered employers are recruiting at Ohio University.
- All Fortune 500 companies are using Handshake.
And, be sure to download Handshake Mobile (iOS) to discover jobs on the go and to stay on track with reminders for application deadlines and direct messages from employers.
- African American Studies
- Classics & World Religions
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- English (the English Internship)
- Environmental & Plant Biology (Internships across the United States)
- Geological Sciences
- History (Internship Guide)
- Modern Languages
- Physics & Astronomy (Interns tell their stories)
- Political Science (Public Affairs Internship Program)
- Psychology (Summer internships)
- Sociology & Anthropology (Anthropology internship) (Sociology-Criminology internship)
- Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies (WGSS internships)
From the Ohio University Calendar Ohio University students are invited to a workshop on March 22 to learn more about how to get involved in undergraduate research, an experience that many OHIO students translate into future career and graduate school plans. The workshop, “Research: Where Do I Start?” is Tuesday, March […]
Alumnus talks about tips for chemistry students seeking jobs in the pharmaceutical industry, March 28
From the Ohio University News Ohio University alumnus John Wetzel discusses careers in the pharmaceutical industry and job searching strategies with students on March 28 from 4:10 to 5:05 p.m. in Walter 245. Since 2005, Dr. John M. Wetzel has been the Principal of Wetzel Chemistry Consulting LLC, providing chemistry […]