Find an Internship. Get a Job.
Arts & Sciences Career & Networking Week
Save the Date: Jan. 27 to Feb. 1, 2020
The fourth annual College of Arts & Sciences Career & Networking Week is Jan. 27 to Feb. 1, 2020.
A highlight is Alumni Networking Day on Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020, with an Alumni and Student Networking Reception that brings together hundreds of alumni and students majoring in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences.
For more information, contact Lisa Cohen.
Get Your Resume in Handshake
- Join Handshake.
- Don's miss the Arts & Sciences Career and Networking Week. (Network with Bobcat alumni!)
- Get the Latest News at Career Corner.
- Use the A&S Career & Academic Checklist.
Arts & Sciences graduates have the skills employers want: communication, problem-solving, teamwork, intercultural competence. and ethical thinking and action.
Individualized Career Coaching for Arts & Sciences Students
College of Arts & Sciences students can take advantage of individualized career coaching, with many resources to help them prepare for successful lives. Students with liberal arts degrees are highly sought after because they are educated to think critically and become problem solvers for 21st century issues.
- Make an appointment with OHIO's Career Leadership and Development Center, by logging into Handshake!
- Drop in the CLDC Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. in the CLDC on the 5th floor of Baker.
Once you log-in to Handshake, please follow these steps:
- Select “Career Center” on the top right.
- On the drop-down menu, select “Appointments.”
- Select “Schedule A New Appointment.”
- Select “CLDC Baker University Center Location.”
- Select “CLDC Career Coaching for Arts & Sciences” (Mock Interviews and Leadership Coaching options also available).
- You will then be able to locate available appointments.
- Select the time that works for you and complete the information requested.
- Push “Request.”
- After graduation: Where A&S students land
- The Liberal Arts Experience
- Career and Academic Checklist
- Liberal Arts Education and Marketable Skills for Employment
Faculty advisers—Each student has a faculty adviser is his or her major. Students still deciding on a major path have advisers in the College of Arts & Sciences Office of Undergraduate Student Affairs.The Career and Leadership Development Center offers career planning, career fairs, leadership programs, and job and internship searches through Handshake, a mock interview program, and information on resume writing.
- Earn a leadership certificate by participating in the CLDC Leadership series. Both a Professional Leadership Certificate and a 21st Century Leadership Certificate are offered.
- Pre-law advising resources
- Pre-medicine and health-professions resources
The Power of Handshake
To access jobs and internships that employers are marketing to Ohio University students and alumni, create your Handshake account today!
- More than 2,600 registered employers are recruiting at Ohio University.
- All Fortune 500 companies are using Handshake.
And, be sure to download Handshake Mobile (iOS) to discover jobs on the go and to stay on track with reminders for application deadlines and direct messages from employers.
- African American Studies
- Classics & World Religions
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- English (the English Internship)
- Environmental & Plant Biology (Internships across the United States)
- Geological Sciences
- History (Internship Guide)
- Modern Languages
- Physics & Astronomy (Interns tell their stories)
- Political Science (Public Affairs Internship Program)
- Psychology (Summer internships)
- Sociology & Anthropology (Anthropology internship) (Sociology-Criminology internship)
- Women’s, Gender, & Sexuality Studies (WGSS internships)
Students are invited to meet with Ohio University alumnus Jonathan “Jon” Dowdell at the Spring Virtual Career and Internship Fair on Feb. 10, from 1 – 4 p.m. Dowdell earned his B.A. in Sociology and B.S in Geography from the College of Arts & Sciences at Ohio University in 2013. […]Read More
Professor Dana Cole of the University of Akron Law School joins the Center for Law, Justice & Culture and Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity on Tuesday, Feb. 16, from 7 to 8 p.m. via Teams. The event is free, no registration is required, and all students and alumni are encouraged to attend. Those […]
The post Akron Law Professor Teaches Mock Law Class, Feb. 16 appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
Editor’s Note: The Happy Beginnings series features recent College of Arts & Sciences graduates who are getting started in careers, graduate school and service. Vera Giacomazzi, a senior in Biological Sciences and a standout on the volleyball court, has been accepted to the Università di Siena in Tuscany, Italy, to […]Read More
Ohio University students have three ways to showcase their research and creativity this spring, including posting to social media or preparing a video for judging or in the #OUVirtualExpo on April 8. Registration opens Feb. 11 and runs through March 15. There are three ways to participate this year: […]Read More
Modern Languages hosts a webinar on “Careers in Spanish: What Can You Do with Your Degree?” on Wednesday, Feb 3, from 5 to 6 p.m. Join on Teams. This webinar helps prepares students with a major or a minor in Spanish to a successful job search. Students will learn about […]
The post Careers in Spanish: What Can You Do with Your Degree? Feb. 3 appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
Register now for the Spring Career and Internship Fair on Wednesday, Feb 10, from 1-4 p.m. Employers from all industries and students from all academic backgrounds attend this fair to recruit students for job and internship opportunities. This fair will take place through Handshake’s virtual career fair platform, where students […]Read More
College of Arts & Sciences students majoring in the physical sciences with experience in community outreach, internships or education programs might be interested in a STEM Outreach Coordinator position with the EPA being promoted through the alumni job board on the Bobcat Network. See position details on the Bobcat Network. […]
The post Career Corner | EPA Seeks STEM Outreach Coordinator in Cincinnati appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
Editor’s Note: The Happy Beginnings series features recent College of Arts & Sciences graduates who are getting started in careers, graduate school and service. During his senior year Ohio University, Jacob Kennedy was looking for a way to continue studying law while preparing for law school. He found a perfect […]
The post Kennedy Prepares for Law School in Law, Justice & Culture Master’s appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More
The U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service is looking for the next generation of soil and ecological scientists. The NRCS Soil and Plant Sciences Division (SPSD) is announcing 24 Pathways Internships on Oct. 13, followed by 47 Recent Graduate soil and ecological science positions on Oct. 19. Job […]Read More
The first annual Diversity First Career Fair is Wednesday, Oct. 7, from 1 to 4 p.m. This optimal networking opportunity allows students to connect with employers and learn about their diversity programs, recruiting initiatives and potential positions. Registration is required. Register by 4 p.m. on Oct. 7. This fair will take […]
The post Sign Up Now for Diversity First Fall Career Fair, Oct. 7 appeared first on Ohio University | College of Arts & Sciences.Read More