Women's Center Response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Women's Center is open 8AM-5PM, Monday through Friday, for in-person visits. We have also included options for you to visit us virtually.
You can also sign up for our newsletter to find out about upcoming events and opportunities!
Programs Occurring Virtually (Online)
Our Summer 2021 virtual office hours are personalized to you and your needs!
We are excited to speak with you on:
- collaboration ideas,
- salary negotiation consultation,
- our cohorts,
- event planning,
- and other topics that are of interest to you!
Schedule an appointment with staff at the Women's Center by visiting our Bookings Page. Not sure what to choose from our list of offerings in Bookings? Select what is most closely aligned with what you need (either topic or time allotment wise), and let us know the specifics of what you are hoping to talk about in the details sections.
Women's Center staff are mandatory reporters, and are required to report incidents of sexual misconduct and bias to Equity and Civil Rights Compliance. If you are seeking confidential support, there are resources available. Visit the Survivor Advocacy Program for more information.
- The Women's Center's Resource Page includes Educational Videos, including:
- Implicit Bias and Privilege (2020)
- Modernizing Your Suffrage Sash (2020)
- René Banglesdorf's Podcast Defying the Status Quo with Director of Women's Center as guest (2019).
- Advocating for Yourself (2018)
- Who's Missing from the Policy Table?: Improving NGO and State Solutions for Gender Inequality (2016)
- Queer and Fat with Charlotte Cooper (2016)
- Fat Activism (2015).
- The Women's Center's Resource Page also includes our Co-Curricular guide. There are links to readings for our events, which are great to explore if you want to know more about our programming!
Feel Connected on Campus and in the Community
Ohio University’s Women’s Center strives to be an integral part of the university’s transformative learning community and a national leader in its own right. The Women’s Center promotes inclusion, honors difference, and works with faculty, staff, students, and the larger Athens community, to promote academic achievement, active global citizenship, and substantive leadership positions for women in all professional fields, as well as building confidence within women’s personal lives, by using an intersectional, though gendered, lens.
The mission of the Ohio University Women’s Center is to act as a catalyst to promote awareness, education, and advocacy about women, gender, and diversity, among faculty, staff, and students at Ohio University and its surrounding communities.
In fulfilling its mission, the Center provides students, faculty, and staff with information, services, and programs that address matters of particular concern to women - while exploring the connections among gender, race, economic status, sexual orientation, culture, religion, political views, and other significant elements in relation to women’s individuality and collective identity.
In This Space: Disrupted
Returning to Trisolini Gallery Fall 2021
To experience the exhibit virtually, as well as the What Were You Wearing and Through the Survivors' Lens exhibits, we invite you to visit our Survivor-Centered Programming Page.