The Department of Housing and Residence Life student staff selection process has been designed to help you learn as much as possible about the RA position so that you can make an informed decision about applying for and becoming an RA. The hiring process involves several steps detailed below.
Step 1: Watch the Info Video
Please watch the RA Information Video
Step 2: Complete the RA Application
A complete application includes the following material:
- Completed application on eRezLife (ohio.erezlife.com)
- Completion of 2 Short Answer Questions
- 2 References who are current or former supervisors, mentors, and/or advisors, one of which needs to be a faculty or staff member at Ohio University. Any references submitted by friends or family members will not be considered.
The Student Staff Recruitment and Selection Committee will process all applications to ensure that they are complete and that candidates meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If, for any reason, your application is incomplete or you are not eligible to move to the next step, the team will communicate with you via email regarding your status in the selection process.
Step 3: Interview Process
- For candidates who proceed to this step, you will participate in an interview with some of our professional staff.
- Interviews are currently being done virtually over Microsoft Teams. You will receive links to join interview sessions the day before your interview.
Step 4: The Hiring Pool
- Candidates who meet our standards for hire will be notified that they will join the Hiring pool.
- Hiring pool candidates will be contacted as positions become available.
- All 2021-2022 RA candidates who are required to reside on campus must complete the housing contract and submit the $200.00 deposit.
- All 2021-2022 RA candidates who are not required to reside on campus should only complete a housing contract, if they have been offered/accepted the position or will reside on campus regardless of the RA employment offer.
- If an RA candidate is not required to live on campus completes the contract is not offered a position and would like to be released from the contract, the student will be subject to the cancellation policy.
- All 2021-2022 RA candidates who complete a housing contract for on-campus housing before being hired as an RA, and who do not get the position, will only be released from the previously-signed contract if you are not required to live on campus. (See Housing Requirement)
- Housing will not refund deposits for students who have accepted the position and paid the deposit when completing their contract. Deposits submitted with the housing contract will be applied to the student’s account. The RA housing credit will be applied to the student’s account in late July. The $200.00 deposit/prepayment will then be applied to any previous or future balances on the student’s OHIO student account.