RA selection process has been designed to help you learn as much as possible about the position so that you can make an informed decision about applying for and becoming an in-hall student staff member. The hiring process involves several steps detailed below.
Step 1: Complete the RA Application
A complete application includes the following material:
- Completed application on eRezLife
- Completion of 3 Short Answer Questions
Our team will process all applications to ensure that they are complete and that candidates meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If, for any reason, your application is incomplete or you are not eligible to move to the next step, the team will communicate with you via email regarding your status in the selection process.
Step 2: Information Sessions
Information sessions are not required to be able to apply, but are highly encouraged. These are designated opportunities for you to learn more about the open positions and get any questions you may have answered by our staff overseeing the hiring process.
Step 3: Interview Process
- For candidates who proceed to this step, you will participate in an interview with some of our professional staff.
- Interviews will be held in person, unless a virtual accommodation is needed. Information on how to sign up for an interview will be included in your invitation to interview.
Step 4: The Hiring Pool
- Candidates who meet our standards for hire will be notified that they will join the hiring pool.
- Hiring pool candidates will be contacted as positions become available.
- All RA candidates who are required to reside on campus must complete the housing contract and submit the $200.00 deposit.
- All candidates who are not required to reside on campus should only complete a housing contract, if they have been offered/accepted the position or will reside on campus regardless of the RA employment offer.
- If an RA candidate is not required to live on campus completes the contract is not offered a position and would like to be released from the contract, they will be subject to the cancellation policy.
- All RA candidates who complete a housing contract for on-campus housing before being hired as an RA, and who do not get the position, will only be released from the previously-signed contract if you are not required to live on campus. (See Housing Requirement)
- Housing will not refund deposits for students who have accepted the position and paid the deposit when completing their contract. Deposits submitted with the housing contract will be applied to the student’s account. The RA housing credit will be applied to the student’s account in late July. The $200.00 deposit/prepayment will then be applied to any previous or future balances on the student’s OHIO student account.