The Department of Housing and Residence Life student staff selection process has been designed to help you learn as much as possible about the RA position so that you can make an informed decision about applying for and becoming an RA. The hiring process involves several steps detailed below.
Step 1: Watch the Info Video
Please watch the RA Information Video
Step 2: Complete the RA Application
A complete application includes the following material:
- Completed application on eRezLife (ohio.erezlife.com) between November 1 – January 15 at 11:59pm
- Short Essays
- 2 References who are current or former supervisors, mentors, and/or advisors, one of which needs to be a faculty or staff member at Ohio University
The Student Staff Recruitment and Selection Committee will process all applications to ensure that they are complete and that candidates meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If, for any reason, your application is incomplete or you are not eligible to move to the next step, the team will communicate with you via email regarding your status in the selection process.
Step 3: Interview Process
- For candidates who proceed to this step, you will participate in an interview with Housing and Residence Life professional and student staff
Step 4: Housing Contracts
- All 2021-2022 RA candidates who are required to reside on campus must complete the housing contract and submit the $200.00 deposit between Friday, January 8 and Thursday, February 25, 2021. (See Housing Requirement)
- All 2021-2022 RA candidates who are not required to reside on campus should only complete a housing contract, if they have been offered/accepted the position or will reside on campus regardless of the RA employment offer. RA candidates who are not required to reside on campus and who will not reside on campus if they do not receive an offer may complete the housing contract after receiving an offer and by March 15.
- If an RA candidate is not required to live on campus completes the contract is not offered a position and would like to be released from the contract, the student will be subject to the cancellation policy.
- All 2021-2022 RA candidates who complete a housing contract for on-campus housing before being hired as an RA, and who do not get the position, will only be released from the previously-signed contract if you are not required to live on campus. (See Housing Requirement)
- Housing will not refund deposits for students who have accepted the position and paid the deposit when completing their contract. Deposits submitted with the housing contract will be applied to the student’s account. The RA housing credit will be applied to the student’s account in late July. The $200.00 deposit/prepayment will then be applied to any previous or future balances on the student’s OHIO student account.
- All RA candidates who are offered and accept a position will be removed from all room selection processes on March 12.
- All RAs will be assigned their specific room by May 1, 2021 which can be viewed on their housing self-service account.