Search within:

End of Semester Room Change Requests

The End of Semester Room Change Request form is open November 1 at 9.a.m. until December 11 at 8 a.m.

Students interested in taking the place of a withdrawing student or moving into a vacant space in a room prior to winter break can submit an End of Semester Room Change Request. If you have questions, contact Housing and Residence Life at 740.593.4090 or 

All requests must be submitted prior to December 11 at 8 a.m. for consideration. 

Students will receive an email from Housing and Residence Life if their request has been approved or denied. Requests are not considered final until official notification from Housing and Residence Life has been received via email. 

Fill out the form here.

End of Semester Room Change Request

The student requesting to move into a vacant space can complete this request for the spring semester. If the student moving into a space is taking the place of a withdrawing student, the withdrawing student must complete an Intent to Vacate Form found on the withdrawing student’s Housing Self-Service.

  • Requests will only be considered for students who complete the form prior to the deadline. Students must still reside in the assigned room marked on the form at the time both forms are received. A room change will not be approved if:
    • There is not a vacant space in the requested room
    • Any information on the form is incorrect
    • The student is not eligible for that space (i.e., honors, application required space, upperclass halls, etc.)
    • The room the student would like to move into is a single - this process is only available for room changes into a vacant space in a double, triple, or quad room
  • Students who are vacating their space for spring semester must complete an Intent to Vacate Form on their Housing Self-Service for a space to be considered vacant and eligible.
  • The end of the semester room change is only approved for a student moving into a vacant or soon to be vacated space by a withdrawing student. End of semester room changes will not be approved for spaces that will become vacant by an approved end of semester room change.
  • The End of Semester Room Change Request form needs to be completed by the student requesting to move to the vacant space in the room. Students who complete the form for another student may be subjected to the conduct process. These requests will be denied.
  • Any interactions or communications deemed inappropriate, severe, or pervasive to another student may be grounds for a student conduct violation. This includes persistent communication via email and any other social media sites. 
  • If a student is unable to move, or the space they are moving into is not available before halls close for the semester, they should contact Housing and Residence Life at to communicate this issue. This may result in the room change occurring after winter break. This would require the student to check out, entirely remove their belongings from their fall semester space, and return their issued key(s). They would then check-in to their new assignment after they return at the beginning of the spring semester, starting January 13. 

End of Semester Room Change Example

This is an example to help illustrate the responsibilities of each student involved in an end of semester room change request.

Student A currently lives in a double with Student B. Student B intends to withdraw at the end of the fall semester. Student C wants to move in with Student A by taking Student B’s space after they leave.  

Student A Responsibilities

  • Student A does not need to complete any paperwork. 
  • Student A should assist in communication between Student B and Student C regarding request and move out date for Student B and move-in time for Student C. 

Student B Responsibilities

  • Student B must complete an Intent to Vacate form through their Housing Self-Service before December 11 at 8 a.m. 
  • Student B will then need to check out of their residence hall by December 15 at 8 p.m. In this example, Student B plans to check out on Tuesday.

Student C Responsibilities

  • Student C must submit an End of Semester Room Change Request form with the correct information before December 11 at 8 a.m.
  • If approved, Student C will check into their new space during staff office hours from 8:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Monday, December 11 through Thursday, December 14. 
  • Student C cannot move into the new space until Student B has officially checked out of the space. So, in this example, Student C has to wait until Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. to move in. Student C must then check out of their old space by December 15 at 8 p.m.