Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS) provides mental health and adjustment services to students and also consultation to faculty, administrators, and parents of students. Individual counseling, group counseling, and psychiatry are some of the services offered at CPS.
OhioHealth Campus Care
OhioHealth Campus Care is Ohio University’s student health center – located in the Hudson Health Center in Hudson Hall. We offer a wide range of health services tailored to the specific needs of Ohio University students, with the convenience of an on-campus location.
All Ohio University undergraduate, graduate, and medical students who are enrolled for one or more credit hours are eligible to use the services available at OhioHealth Campus Care at Ohio University. You do not have to be enrolled in the University Student Health Insurance to use the services.
Hours of Operation
During fall and spring semesters:
- Monday through Friday – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday – Closed
During winter, spring and summer breaks:
- Monday through Friday – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday – Closed
Urgent Care - 1st Floor
Care for simple, acute illnesses such as colds, flu, earaches, and minor infections
- Walk-ins are welcome at our urgent care location.
- Call ahead and schedule your same-day appointment. Appointment slots may fill quickly.
- We also encourage patients to explore our virtual health options, like scheduling a same-day urgent care video visit.
Primary Care - 2nd Floor
Care for simple and acute illnesses, and management of chronic medical conditions
- Appointments required, same-day appointments may be available.
- Flexibility in scheduling in-person or virtual visits in most cases.
- Current patients can utilize MyChart for scheduling needs.
- Campus quick care (Urgent care)*
- Care for acute illnesses such as colds, flu, COVID-19 symptoms, ear aches, urinary tract infections, upper respiratory infections, and minor infections.
- Primary care*
- Illness care
- Management of ADD/ADHD
- Management of chronic conditions
- Physical exams
- Wellness and prevention
- Allergy injections
- COVID-19 rapid testing
- Eating disorder support
- Full contraception services
- Osteopathic manipulative treatment
- Sexually transmitted infection testing
- Transgender health
- Travel care
- Tuberculosis testing
- Women's gynecologic health
* In-person and virtual telehealth visits available
OhioHealth Campus Care does not have an on-site pharmacy, but will send prescriptions to be filled at any major pharmacy.
Preferred pharmacy for those with University Student Health Insurance: The Drugstore at O'Bleness Hospital (Castrop Center) – available for pick-up, or free delivery in Athens
Other local pharmacies: CVS Pharmacy (Court St.), CVS Pharmacy (E. State St.), Fruth Pharmacy, Kroger Pharmacy, Shrivers Pharmacy, Walmart Pharmacy
You do not have to be enrolled in the University Student Health Insurance to use the services.
OhioHealth Campus Care will bill your health insurance company for all medical services provided. It is your responsibility to understand your coverage and verify if the OhioHealth Physician Group Heritage College physicians and providers are in-network providers with your health insurance plan.
OhioHealth Campus Care is the preferred provider for students enrolled in the University Student Health Insurance plan.
OhioHealth Campus Care uses MyChart, a secure and confidential patient portal. Once registered and logged on to OhioHealth MyChart, you will
be able to:
- Exchange messages with our practice
- Review and pay billing statements
- Schedule and request appointments
- Research health topics
- Review Personal Health Information
- Complete and update medical forms
- Update your profile and contact information
Other Services in Hudson Health Center
Counseling and Psychological Services