OBI Dashboard changes were deployed on the evening of September 17. These changes deliver some new functionality that further enhance our existing dashboards and include drilldowns to supporting detail in other modules.
- In both our GL and Grants dashboards, you will now be able to drilldown on Peoplesoft transactions to view the student accounting detail for the transaction. This is the same info available through the Bursar dashboard. This capability is restricted to users with Bursar dashboard access. This is similar to the drilldown on PEDS transactions to view payroll expense details (restricted to users with PEDS access in OBI). The quick reference guides for these dashboard changes have been updated and are available on the OBI Training webpage.
- GL Funds Available also now has drilldowns to view Grants Revenue/Funding detail. See the GL Funds Available QRG.
- New Concur Default dashboard (under the Purchasing tab) allows users to view information about the Concur default cost center information setup by the planning units for their employees. User has the option of viewing all information, missing cost centers, or employee setup errors. Employees with errors do not properly interface to Concur, so it is important that planning units correct any data in error. Please review new OBI Purchasing: Concur Defaults quick reference guide.
- Added new prompts and data fields to various dashboards.
In addition, two new PEDS roles in OBI have been added. Previously, only users with HR Dashboard access have been able to view PEDS information in dashboards. Because this role also grants access to all HR dashboard information, this role has not been granted widely. We have created two new roles that users can be granted to just view PEDS transaction detail:
- The HR_PEDS_PTA role allows the user to view data for Grants projects and awards where the individual is setup as a member.
- The HR_PEDS_ALL role allows the user to view PEDS detail for either Grants or GL transactions.
To change someone’s role or request access for one of these roles, the CFAO must submit the request to the OIT Service Desk (email@example.com or x.3-1222).
Please review the posted PowerPoint that contains additional details about all of the OBI changes, to become familiar with the new functionality.