Sociology & Anthropology Careers & Internships
For Anthropology Students
- Anthropology Internships
- Anthropology Careers
- Field School of Ohio Archaeology
- Graduate Study in Anthropology
For Sociology Students
- Sociology & Criminology Internships
- Sociology & Criminology Careers
- Criminology Career Examples
- Graduate School in Sociology
Individualized Career Coaching for Arts & Sciences Students
College of Arts & Sciences students can take advantage of individualized career coaching, with many resources to help them prepare for successful lives. Students with liberal arts degrees are highly sought after because they are educated to think critically and become problem solvers for 21st century issues.
- Make an appointment with OHIO's Career Leadership and Development Center, by logging into Handshake!
- Drop in the CLDC Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. in the CLDC on the 5th floor of Baker.
Consider an Internship
- Athens County Children's Services
- Athens County Court of Common Pleas
- Athens County Sheriff's Department
- Athens County Adult Parole Authority
- Athens County Municipal Court
- Athens County Juvenile Court-Probation
- Athens County Victim Assistance Program
- Hocking Valley Community Residential Center
- Ohio University Police Department
- Public Defenders Office
- Prosecutors Office (Victims Assistance)
- Rural Action
- The Gathering Place
- Athens County Big Brothers and Big Sisters
Students from our department have completed internships in many locations. Students who do internships outside of Athens (usually during summer) seek out their own placements. Local opportunities include:
Build a Professional Profile
Juniors, seniors and graduate students should be working to establish a resume that details their academic and professional accomplishments. Many students will find it helpful to establish prominent and easily searchable online profiles including services like Linked in and Handshake.