Faculty Contact: Dr. Charlie Morgan
This program is available for students who wish to minor in Sociology. Students who pursue the program often do so as an adjunct to their major in a discipline in another social science or in another field outside the College of Arts & Sciences.
Careers and Graduate School
Students who pursue the minor often enter graduate programs in other disciplines or sociology. They also enter work settings where a knowledge of social behavior and organizations is a valuable background.
Freshman/First-Year Admission: No requirements beyond University admission requirements.
Change of Program Policy: No selective or limited admission requirements.
External Transfer Admission: No requirements beyond University admission requirements.
Minor code OR4251
Minor Hours Requirement
The Sociology minor requires a minimum of 18 hours.
Sociology Core Requirements
Complete the following courses with a grade of "C" (2.0) or higher:
- SOC 1000 - Introduction to Sociology Credit Hours: 3
- SOC 3000 - Development of Sociological Theory Credit Hours: 3
- SOC 3500 - Elementary Research Techniques Credit Hours: 3
Complete one of the following courses:
- COMS 3520 - Empirical Research Applications in Communication Credit Hours: 3
- ECON 3810 - Economic Statistics Credit Hours: 3
- MATH 2500 - Introduction to Statistics Credit Hours: 4
- PSY 2110 - Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences Credit Hours: 4
- QBA 2010 - Introduction to Business Statistics Credit Hours: 4
Complete 6 additional hours of Sociology.