Careers in Sociology & Criminology
- Explore Handshake for internships, jobs, or volunteer opportunities. This system is free to Ohio University students.
- Career and Leadership Development Center
- Career & Employment Resources
- Criminology Career Examples
Meet with the Sociology Career Adviser
Dr. Amanda Cox serves as the career adviser for sociology students.
Career Assistance and Questions She Can Help With
- Career exploration resources
- Identification of career skills and values
- Job Searching
- Resume, CV and cover letter preparation and revisions
- Interviewing tips and strategies
- Graduate school information and materials preparation
Schedule a Meeting!
Schedule a meeting with Dr. Cox through “You Can Book Me!”
If you plan to work in the fields of sociology or criminology and aren’t sure of your options or need assistance with preparation, I am here to help you! I can guide you through identifying career skills and values; exploring career options; writing and updating resumes, CVs, and cover letters; job search and interviewing strategies; and answer your questions about careers and graduate school. Stop by my office in 109 Bentley Annex or set up an appointment with me using my ‘You Can Book Me’ link! — Dr. Amanda Cox
What Are Sociology Students Doing with a Bachelor's Degree in Sociology?
Students can use sociology to prepare for a wide range of careers. The American Sociological Association has performed a number of surveys that investigate this general question, and have published some helpful resources, including "What are They Doing with a Bachelor's Degree in Sociology [PDF]?"
What can you do with a sociology degree? Explore the ASA guides
- American Sociological Association Facts on Jobs and Careers
- Alum Talks about What Can Sociology-Criminology Graduates Do with Degree