The annual Benefits Open Enrollment period is scheduled to begin the afternoon of Monday, April 15, 2019. The enrollment period is scheduled to close on Wednesday, May 8, 2019.
Beginning the afternoon of Monday, April 15 individual emails will be sent in groups throughout the afternoon to all benefits eligible faculty and staff announcing the official start of the open enrollment period.
Benefits open enrollment will be available online via My Personal Information (MPI) - Self Service Benefits:
- Login* to https://myhr.ohio.edu
- Choose My Personal Information
- Choose Self Service Benefits
*You must be enrolled in multi-factor authentication to access My Personal Information. Visit https://www.ohio.edu/oit/accounts/multi-factor-authentication to learn more.
Web Browser Requirements
Any browser will work if you don't need to add or change dependents or beneficiaries (spouse, child, etc.).
Internet Explorer required for beneficiary updates
To add or modify a beneficiary (spouse, child, etc.), you must use Internet Explorer on Windows.
If you have a Mac and need to add or update a beneficiary, you have several options:
- A Windows computer is available for benefits enrollment in the Human Resources lobby in HRTC.
- You can attend one of our Open Lab sessions for assistance.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance if you are unable to come to the Athens Campus.
Keep in mind that the icons for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer are very similar. Make sure you are using the correct one:
Accessing the system will allow you to:
- Review current coverages and make necessary changes
- Enroll or waive the following:
- the PPO medical plan which includes prescription drug coverage
- one of two vision plans
- the dental plan or dental with orthodontia plan
- flexible spending accounts
- Healthcare account for eligible healthcare expenses for you and/or eligible dependents
- Dependent Child Care account, for eligible child care expenses for eligible dependents (can also be used for adult-day care expenses for eligible dependents)
- supplemental and/or dependent life insurance
- the short term disability plan
- Link to opt out of parking (Athens Campus only)
- If you have already opted out of parking you do not need to opt out again.
Open Enrollment General Overview Sessions & Open Computer Labs
During open enrollment, general overview presentations with question and answer sessions will be held as well as Open Computer Labs. Open labs will allow employees to access a computer and get assistance using MPI to elect benefits. There will also be a computer in the Human Resources lobby in HRTC for use during the Open Enrollment period. Please have your OHIO ID and password available and have the multi-factor authentication requirement set up. Meetings will be announced soon.
As a reminder, Open Enrollment is the annual opportunity OHIO employees have to make changes to their benefits coverage plan options including: increasing/decreasing coverage; adding/dropping covered dependents; enrolling in flexible spending accounts and to opt out of parking (Athens campus only). In compliance with Federal regulations, other than during the annual Open Enrollment period, employees can only change their benefits if a qualifying event occurs. Review the when can I change web page for details regarding qualifying events.
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact the Benefits Office at email@example.com.