Commuter and Veteran Student Lounge
The purpose of the Commuter and Veteran Student Lounge in Bromley Hall is to provide an on-campus space dedicated to supporting students in achieving their academic goals at Ohio University. All students who are registered to be a part of the lounge must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Registered students will be issued swipe card access to the Commuter/Veteran Student Lounge at the time their signed contract is submitted. You are responsible for your ID card. Do not give your ID to someone else; doing so will be an immediate referral to Community Standards.
- Your swipe card will record your entry into the lounge. Occasional guests are permitted, but must sign in on the sheet by the door.
- ALL food in the refrigerator must be clearly labeled with your name and date that it was put into the fridge. Items sitting in the fridge longer than a week will be thrown out. This does not include freezer items, condiments, non-perishable items, or drinks.
- Clean up after yourself; wipe off countertops and any spills or messes you happen to make.
- Members must throw all trash into the garbage. If cleanliness becomes a problem in the commuter lounge, all kitchen privileges may be suspended.
- Computers are first and foremost to be used for academic work. If no one is in need of a computer for those academic reasons, then you may use them for fun or other appropriate social networking.
- Brief naps are permitted but extended sleeping is not permitted.
- Children must be supervised at all times, and are expected to respect othersâ€™ belongings and quiet study time. Children should not be using the computers in the event that another registered commuter student needs to use them.
- No toasters or other appliances are to be brought in.
- Lockers are available to hold valuables, coats, and books. You will need to provide your own lock.
- The commuter/veteran lounge registration must be renewed every semester.
- The lounge hours will be 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.