Commuter and Veteran Student Lounge
The purpose of the Commuter and Veteran Student Lounge in Bromley Hall is to provide an on-campus space dedicated to supporting students in achieving their academic goals at Ohio University. All students who are registered to be a part of the lounge must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Registered students will be issued swipe card access to the Commuter/Veteran Student Lounge at the time their signed contract is submitted. You are responsible for your ID card. Do not give your ID to someone else; doing so will be an immediate referral to Community Standards.
- Your swipe card will record your entry into the lounge. Occasional guests are permitted, but must sign in on the sheet by the door.
- ALL food in the refrigerator must be clearly labeled with your name and date that it was put into the fridge. Items sitting in the fridge longer than a week will be thrown out. This does not include freezer items, condiments, non-perishable items, or drinks.
- Clean up after yourself; wipe off countertops and any spills or messes you happen to make.
- Members must throw all trash into the garbage. If cleanliness becomes a problem in the commuter lounge, all kitchen privileges may be suspended.
- Computers are first and foremost to be used for academic work. If no one is in need of a computer for those academic reasons, then you may use them for fun or other appropriate social networking.
- Brief naps are permitted but extended sleeping is not permitted.
- Children must be supervised at all times, and are expected to respect others belongings and quiet study time. Children should not be using the computers in the event that another registered commuter student needs to use them.
- No toasters or other appliances are to be brought in.
- Lockers are available to hold valuables, coats, and books. You will need to provide your own lock.
- The commuter/veteran lounge registration must be renewed every semester.
- The lounge hours will be 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.