In order for proposals to be considered for our bid opportunities, the following guidelines must be followed:
- Include all pages of the Bid Form. For markings on envelope, follow Instructions to Bidders Section 2.6.1 and 3.1.2 for required information.
- Be sure your Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC) Drug-Free Safety Program (DFSP) is current. If you are unsure if your business has a current program, the BWC has a contractor look-up tool on their site to check.
- An Equal Opportunity Certificate of Compliance must be current or an application must be in process. The Ohio Division of Equal Opportunity has links to check status and download current certificates as well as to apply for new certificates.
- Prevailing wage rates are set by the the state's Division of Industrial Compliance. Contractors can log in through their site to check Ohio's prevailing wage rates.
- Contractors must participate in Ohio's Encouraging Diversity, Growth, and Equity (EDGE) program. In order to document this, the appropriate form from the EDGE program site must be completed and submitted. These can be found under the section titled Professional Services Proposers:
- If the EDGE participation goal will be met for the project, subcontractors and/or suppliers should complete the EDGE Participation / Intent to Perform form
- If subcontractors and/or suppliers are unable to meet the EDGE participation goal, the EDGE Participation / Demonstration of Good Faith Effort form must be completed. A waiver will be granted only if there is agreement from Ohio University and the State of Ohio that there was no possibility of reaching the goal.
- Ohio Facilities Construction Commission forms need to be completed and submitted. These can be found on the OFCC Standard Construction Forms Page:
- Subcontractor & Material Supplier Declaration
- Contractor Payment Request
- Please note that your pay application form must use the latest version that includes EDGE.
- When creating your Schedule of Values, be sure that the EDGE part of the project has its own line.
- The Short Version can be used for smaller projects with no more than a four-page Schedule of Values.
- When printing, make sure to choose how many pages, otherwise it may print about 140 pages.
Ohio University maintains an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or military veteran status in its employment practices or in the provision of educational programs and services. For more information, please visit our Office of University Equity and Civil Rights Compliance.