Biological Sciences Graduate Society
The Biological Sciences Graduate Society (B.S.G.S.) was created to facilitate interdisciplinary activity and growth within the graduate community of Biological Sciences at Ohio University.
All graduate students within the five disciplines of the department (Cell Biology and Physiology, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Exercise Physiology and Muscle Biology, Microbiology, and Neurobiology) as well as those in Molecular and Cellular Biology are members of the society and have equal voice within the society. Given the time constraints placed upon graduate students, the structure of the society is decentralized and meeting times are minimized.
The society's primary goals are:
- Accurately represent the concerns and needs of graduate students to the department administration and university as a whole.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary exchanges.
- Foster professional growth.
- Liaise with other student government associations.
- Provide programming of special interest to the graduate students of the program.
- President - Marissa Dyck
- Vice President - Courtney Silver-Peavey
- Student Liaison - Meredith Fitschen-Brown
- Treasurer - Sera Nakisli
- Outreach coordinator - Ana Mayher
- Social events coordinator - Kayleigh Fanelli
- Inclusion and Diversity - David Cole
- Graduate College
- Graduate Student Senate
- Athens Messenger
- The Post
- Payment Plan for Graduate Students: The Office of the Bursar offers a payment plan option for students who are unable to pay their tuition and fees by the first due date of a semester. Students/authorized users may enroll in an installment payment plan each semester, after charges for that semester have posted.
- Graduate students with appointments: Please enroll in the payment plan through the Graduate Students Appointment Portal. The graduate appointment payment plan is only available for Fall and Spring semesters.