The Graduate Student Senate (GSS) at OHIO represents all Ohio University graduate-professional students and their interests, both on-campus and online. We examine issues that affect the graduate student community, and submit reports and recommendations to The Office of the President, Budget Planning Council, Graduate Council, Standing University Committees, and to several of the college deans.
Graduate Student Senate is one of five shared governance bodies within Ohio University administration and recognized by the Board of Trustees. The purpose of GSS is to act as the official representative body of all graduate and professional students enrolled at Ohio University.
Come to a Meeting
General Body Meetings are held twice a month on Tuesday's in Walter Hall, Rm 235. Students and members of the community are encouraged to use this opportunity to keep up to date with University and national matters that specifically impact graduate students.
Meetings are held every other week at 7:30 PM in Walter Hall, Rm. 235.
Apply For Position on Executive Board
The Graduate Student Senate is now accepting applications for positions on the 2020-21 Executive Board consisting of President, Vice President, and Treasurer.
These positions receive a stipend from the Graduate College and to apply must coincide with the following requirements: found via the GSS Rules and Procedures, chapter 13, section 13.02:
- Applications for nomination are to include a statement of intent and a brief explanation of why they are an eligible candidate for the position.
- Applications must include a list of names equal to 20% of current GSS membership who affirm the applicant is qualified to run for an Executive Position. This list is to be verified by the current Executive board.
- The first GSS GBM of Spring semester is to have a dedicated time slot for potential candidates to introduce themselves to GSS members in order to gather support for their candidacy.
- By the end of the 3rd week of Spring semester applications will close. Application will close January 22nd, 2020.
- By the next GSS GBM candidates for the executive positions (based on nominations received) will be announced via email.
Please find the application survey link for executive positions below.