Biological Sciences Minor
Minor code: OR2121
Faculty Contact: Robert Colvin
Students from other majors (e.g., chemistry, geography, geology, and others) can pursue a Minor in Biological Sciences to enhance their undergraduate experience. Students are required to take the introductory biology series and genetics. Students can complete the minor with two courses of their choosing, one of which must have a laboratory.
Careers and Graduate School
The Minor in Biological Science will enhance students? opportunities for graduate school and professional school as well as employment.
Freshman/First-Year Admission: No requirements beyond University admission requirements.
Change of Program Policy: No selective or limited admission requirements.
External Transfer Admission: No requirements beyond University admission requirements.
Minor Hours Requirement
The Biological Sciences Minor requires a minimum of 18 hours.
Complete the following courses:
- BIOS 1700 - Biological Sciences I: Molecules and Cells Credit Hours: 3.0
- BIOS 1705 - Biological Sciences I Laboratory Credit Hours: 1.0
- BIOS 1710 - Biological Sciences II: Ecology, Evolution, Animal Body Systems Credit Hours: 3.0
- BIOS 1715 - Biological Sciences II Laboratory Credit Hours: 1.0
- BIOS 3100 - General Genetics Credit Hours: 3.0
Complete 7 hours at the 3000/4000-level excluding BIOS 3920. One of the courses must include a laboratory.