Storing Data by Type
Making informed decisions about where to safely store and share University data is important. This page is intended to guide those decisions based on common data types and available centrally managed IT services. It is not intended to be a complete or comprehensive catalog of IT services available at Ohio University. Should you have any questions about appropriate storage or sharing solutions please consult with the Information Security Office.
Reference our Storing Data by Type Table to see which service can store specific data types. Please also visit the Data Classification Table (requires a valid OHIO login to view) to determine the level of criticality for different types of data.
- Attorney-Client Privileged Information (ACP)
- Student Education Records (FERPA)
- Student Loan Application Information
- Payment Card Industry Information (PCI)
- Export Controlled Research (ITAR/EAR)
- Identifiable Human Subject Research
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Social Security Numbers (SSN)
- Protected Health Information (PHI)