Information Security: IT Services
An information security incident is anything that indicates a threat to computer systems or university data. You can report a potential information security incident by email to email@example.com or by phone to 740-566-7233. If the incident involves life or safety, call 911 immediately.
- Incident Response - Advise on incident response process to minimize the threat of damage resulting from a breach of university data, in addition to notifying proper authorities when confidential data is involved.
- Forensics and Investigations - Forensic and investigation services by request of specific departments that have investigative authority.
- Risk Assessments - Security risk assessments based on established frameworks and best practices to help departments identify risks and reduce them to an acceptable level.
- Vendor Security Review - Assessment of technology solutions to identify risks associated with the vendor, technology, or how it will be used.
- Consulting - Advise departments on development of best security practices and controls to protect information technology assets.
- Training and Awareness - Structured educational training and awareness tailored to OHIO faculty, staff, and student employees.
- Monitoring - Real-time network threat detection by analyzing university owned networks and systems.
- Information Security Policies and Practices - Develop university policies and standards to continuously protect and secure the institution's data and information resources as well as comply with and maintain legal and contractual requirements.
- IT Accessibility - New technology evaluation, training, and auditing to ensure technology used by the University is easily accessible by individuals with disabilities.